cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi - change account ownership

BenJenks3
Just joined

Housemate has moved out. Need to change ownership from him to me. This includes details and setting up a new direct debit. 

thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will move to the Accounts forum,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jem101
Superstar

@BenJenks3 wrote:

Housemate has moved out. Need to change ownership from him to me. This includes details and setting up a new direct debit. 

thank you! 

Alas this can no longer be done, the only exception is in the case of a bereavement. Otherwise the only option is to get your ex housemate to call up and give 30 days notice of cancellation (could be expensive if you are still in the original 18 month contract term) and you sign up as a new customer.

I suppose if they were to give you the account details and you logged into the my.virginmedia.com page, you could change the DD details (VM don’t actually care who it is that pays the bill), the only option is that you would need to pretend to be them in the event of needing help.

Probably easier to just cancel and sign up anew.

John