cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the virgin nightmare??? - disconnected

pugnaciousd
Tuning in

How can virgin be so awful?

They've disconnected me for not logical reason - both my wife and I are freelancers with a 5 year old.

Our new house will be connected in 7 weeks. 7 Weeks!

In moving house they arbitrarily gave me a new 18 month contract - it's like being padlocked to tiger

No-one online can tell me what's going on - i.e. when my original, before the move contract would have finished.

They send me new equipment when i said i'd keep the old, send me an email thanking me for sending my old equipment ( i didn't) then ask for my old equipment.

The phone gets disconnected and they don't call back - enter another queue

Their installers are cowboys, tethering my cable to my neighbours cable, leaving cables too short to put the hub where we want it, saying they will do work on my property without me overseeing it. Where do i want the cable to enter the house? Virgin will decide!

Patronise me with sugar-coated, friendly e-mails when their service is hideous.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pugnaciousd,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had a great experience with us recently. Would you mind clarifying the situation for me? Have you recently discussed moving house and taking your services with you, but the services have disconnected early? If so, are you at the new property now?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the reply,

To be honest, i've never had a good experience with virgin. I once waited 6 hours for a whatsapp reply.

We applied to move house several weeks ago and had the 6th April set as a change over date, the day we planned to move furniture out of storage.

I then got a chirpy e-mail saying it had been postponed until the 12 May.   Apparently the installation team were flummoxed by having a concrete and grass combination in the garden - the first in the land it must be. That's some 6 weeks without the internet, about 9 weeks since we requested the change. We are freelancers, we need the internet to work, plus we have a 5 year old that we need to entertain with TV periodically.

Moreover, we have been with Virgin for years; i'm now told that our contract expires in May 2024 and thus my contract is only 6 months old. How come? I moved house 6 months ago, i did not start a new contract 6 months ago and no-one on the phone has the information at hand to tell me when my original contract did start.  How can they not have the information in front of them? Do they burn their hard drives periodically?  It can't be legal or moral to strong arm people into new contracts when they move house.

They also used a device online to pretend i had a bad line when the conversation become either confusing, embarrassing or difficult and they did not call me back - why should i have to go through the wait and the explanation and the security protocol all over again - renovating and moving house is time consuming and stressful enough.

Oh, and i didn't mention that they disconnected our original set up early and without warning, so while still using the temporary flat, we now have no internet. Were they going to explain and suggest that we wouldn't have to pay to have no internet for 6 weeks? No.

I shall be outlining my complaint with OFGEM

Just to add, i've looked through e-mails and my original contract started in November 2021 - so that's 18 month ago. Surely i can leave Virgin now?

Ofgem deal with gas/electricity, Ofcom is the regulator for communications services but they don't intervene in individual cases. 

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/providers/virgin-media is the service you need.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

With regards to this matter, has the new contract started at the new address before you have been installed?

Regards,

Kain

hi,

yes, it’s dated 6th April 2023, installation is booked for 12 May, external prep was meant to be done last week but nobody has shown up yet. I have an email saying I can ignore this date, my original contract stands.

This contract is dated 3rd October 22.

my original package contract started on 24th November 2021

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you @pugnaciousd so will pop you a PM to confirm some details and we can take it from there. 

Speak to you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs