Menu
mkaminski100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why new customers pay less

I've been with VM over 15 years now (started from NTL) and every time, before  the renewal i had to call and haggle to pay less than existing customers.

Last time I called I already handed my notice in but was persuaded the next day to stay lured by a deal that was not available before.

This time I was told I will be paying about £50 for a 350mbps package (new customers pay £38), but your advisor told me that I will be offered a "great deal" which was still about £5 more than the offer for new joiners.

After 1 hour and 30 minutes on hold (the first person could not accept the notice) I was connected to a very aggresive advisor who told me that the "revised deal" is "only" 99p more than new customers would pay and that nothing less than 350mbps will work as I use so much data.

Enough is enough so I will be leaving VM in the next 30 days. 

I am surprised to see how this company  treat existing, loyal customers by forcing them to pay more than new clients and try to raise prices every 12-18 months (last uplift is £3.5).

It's also very unprofessional to threat people that 60mbps is insufficient to download 30GB of data a day only 350mbps connection can handle Netflix and two laptops using video conferencing

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why new customers pay less

it is the way business works.

new customer groomed in with a great deal, then put the prices up. sky and bt and just about every other service provider does it too. encouraged by regulators and successive governments. it allows for competition.

the alternative is everyone pays the higher and same price with every different company. new customer prices are usually loss makers to business.

0 Kudos
mkaminski100
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why new customers pay less

Absolutely. Most companies try that but eventually match prices to other offers. 

VM is the only one that adamantly make "offers" that are higher than those for new customers despite being told about this and for the sake of £1 they prefer to lose the customer.

As a loyal customer of 14 years I'm not asking for a special treatment (although considering that I only had 4 routers and there engineer visits VM have saved a considerable amount of money), but an offer that matches what new customers are being offered, which will require new equipment, new account set up and a visit by an engineer.

I'm sure it's calculated  with allowance for loyal customers to leave, but judging by negative feedback (VM has the lowest rating) many more are leaving for the same reason.

0 Kudos