Menu
blabla1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why money was taken out

Hi,

I went to my bank and I see Virgin Media Communications House has taken 63.50 pounds of my bank account on 3rd of January 20:53. I don't even use Virgin, nor I live in the UK.

I did use it from July 2019 until June 2020 but I was living in another address. 

From July 2020 until June 2021 I moved to another place and used TalkTalk. In 2021 I left the UK.

The bill I've received was with my address that I had in 20/21 and Virgin didn't know that it's my new address as I didn't use it. 

How do I get the money back???

0 Kudos
blabla1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why money was taken out

Also, how the h*ll do I contact them???

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have moved this to the accounts section. A VM person will respond when they get here soon.

Not sure how best to contact them if you are not in the UK.  Their contact number is 0345 454 1111 and text number is 07533 051809 and there is a "Chat" function on their website.   They also respond on Twitter and Whatsapp - but someone else will need to provide more info on those and I think its only for current VM customers - through the "my account" page

In the meantime... are you sure the money was paid to VM and not a scammer posing to be VM - what does your bank have to say about it ? Did you "owe" any monies to VM when you left them in June 2020 and they have finally tracked you down 🙂

Most likely some mix-up in their accounts section if someone else has signed up with VM at that old address

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi blabla1, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear there has been an expected charge from us from your account. 

I would be happy to look in to this further for you but I will just need to take a few details via private message if that's okay?

I'll pop this over to you now and you will be able to access this via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
blabla1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, jbrennand,

The 03454541111 doesn't work for me as I'm out of the UK. I tried the Whatsapp but didn't get any answer for over a week now. I also called them on the number provided on their Instagram account - it was useless. Wrote to their Instagram, they responded that they saw my issue raised here. But Natalie contacted me and she told me to contact my bank. I contacted them and I'm waiting for an answer.

The thing is on the bank it says 'Virgin Media Communications House' and has Virgin Media logo. The account I had with Virgin Media was connected to my Santander bank account and this time the money is taken from Revolut which has nothing to do with when I was the customer at Virgin.

If it's a scam, how it could have occurred? I have never talked over phone (or in person, or anywhere else) about anything and definitely didn't give my bank details to anyone. If I want to pay for something online or set up payments regularly, I always need to approve it. I really doubt it was a scam. Especially, that I only used this card for Apple Pay when I was living in the UK and I don't live there since July 2021. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We do appreciate your frustration with what has happened blabla1. At this point we would advise to await to hear back from the bank and then once you have an update from them please do let us know incase we do need to take any further action, 

^Martin

0 Kudos