Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is my back wet?

Virgin says I can't cancel my account without a password that was set up over 8 years ago! £80 a month for appalling, intermittent internet and insulting customer service - what a steal for Virginmedia! I am now reduced to cancelling the account by letter through the post, for heavens sake. It may be a bit of an inconvenience but I will receive better service and save a packet of money by using another provider.

....and my back?   Well it is wet because Virgin has been peeing on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my back wet?

After tortuous phone calls with passwords, bank details and outright obstruction I have finally registered 30 days notice of cancelling the account.

Despite repeatedly saying I wanted to cancel the account Virgin did their best to obstruct me. Even when told that I 'just' wanted to cancel the account, instead of saying 'yes' Virgin kept asking "but why?".

No doubt they would be very attentive if my direct debit to Virgin had been cancelled.

Even if Virgin paid me I would not use the service (sic).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unsurprisingly no response to my post from Virgin.

You don't get what you pay for (from Virgin anyway)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi oic3120,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this. If you're the account holder the team will be able to go through additional security. Only then if not passed, they'll have to send a reminder letter out to the account address. Relating the broadband issue, having ran a background check, there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in your area. 
F007605295 is the reference number. The estimated fix date is 20th January 2020.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos