Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin so bad? Get me out!

Virgin is so bad. Actual broadband is terrible. Keeps dropping multiple times every hour. I wanted to book an engineer to get another router installed, but there is no way of doing this with the broken website that keeps logging you out and taking you round in circles. 

I want to leave now.

150 from mobile is not accepting calls, apart from one time after an hour wait where an Indian lady tried to talk me through rebooting my router. 

How the F**K do I cancel and go with a real provider?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin so bad? Get me out!

Hello

You say the connections is dropping is this happening on both wireless and wired ?

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

With regards to cancellations I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Orr alternatively write too Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Who are you? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am a member of the community who helps out other customers, if you are wanting a reply from VM forum staff you will have to wait until they get around to the post as they deal with oldest posts first, can take several days.

If you want to know who a VIP is then you can check out this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/VeryInsightfulPersons

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sh1tservice, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry you've been having some issues with the service lately, this is never good 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see that since posting you've spoken to the team who have been able to assist with this. 

Please keep us posted if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos