Menu
MCCARTHY-22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin harrassing me about an incorrect charge?

I hope someone can help me because I cant get a straight answer from Virgin. I left Virgin back in March and they texted me to return my exquipment, which I confirmed for 30th April - their date, not my preference.

Then they kept sending more text and emails to ask me to return the equipment. I called their helpline, took 50 mins to get though, the guy assured me they wouldnt charge me and he'd update my records with the collection arrangment.

They sent more emails and texts saying they would charge me so I wrote a letter to their complaints department but nothing happened.

They are now again harrasing me by email and text (4 times in the last 2 days) saying they have charged me for not replying and returning their equipment.

What am I supposed to do if Virgin cant manage their own admin?????? I am so annoyed with the lack of reponse and the harrasment, is there another way to get a reply?

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin harrassing me about an incorrect charge?

Is this an arrangement from VM to send someone to pick up the kit from you? If so, sounds like a typical case of a VM internal non-communication shambles.

VM forum staff rarely visit this 'Community Natter' forum so your query might be better in the 'Managing Your Account' forum.

Someone may move this topic over there for you when they read it.

MCCARTHY-22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks I'll put it in the other board.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @MCCARTHY-22 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues with getting you equipment returned. 

So that I am able to understand further, did we arrange for an engineer to come and pick the equipment up or have you been sent returns packaging? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
MCCARTHY-22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak, I was contacted by email on 3rd March about equipment returns so I ordered the returns packaging, and when it arrived the equipment didnt fit.

On 10th March I received an automated text to arrange for the equipment to be collected. Because the returns packaging had just arrived but was too small, I confirmed by text on 12th March and was advised someone would come and collect it on 30th April. Maybe I was naive, but I assumed that would be the end of it.

Since then I have had several emails and texts threatening a charge, which escalated in the last week with an actual bill being sent and more texts and emails, which is why I thought I'd use the forum.

As I said in my first post, my chat with customer service didnt work (he said it was ok and no charge would be made, that he would update my account), and my complaint letter doesn't seem to have made any difference (I've actually had more harrassing emails and texts since I sent my complaint letter).

I'm just really perplexed, why is Virgin be acting like this when they arranged the collection, and I have no means by which to get them to correct their own mistake? And is this going to affect me because through Virgin's complete failure they say I have defaulted somehow and applied a charge?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that we can get this looked into further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos