Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why has my contract changed????

My tv channels had been pixelating for months and finally on the 6th February 2020 and engineer came out to have a look..straight away he said we needed a new box..he replaced our TiVo box with a V6 box and there is no more pixelazation thank goodness..QUESTION IS WHY THE HELL HAS MY CONTRACT RESTARTED or has it just been updated??? Also why have i been charged 17p ( yes I know not alot but money is money) for this so called contract change that I never asked for but was a replacement box as mine was knackered...seriously I'm not happy about this and to top it off I cant find when my contract ends because I'm telling you now if its restarted the 24 month contract there is going to be trouble 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why has my contract changed????

replacing a faulty box will not affect the contract. But a replacement box should be the same.
If you had a tivo replaced with a V6 that wouldn't have been a fault replacement. That would be an upgrade.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I never ASKED FOR AN UPGRADE THOUGH .I just wanted my problem fixed..Engineer said I needed a new box he went to his van an replaced my old box  yes it wasnt a repair is was a replacement box But that shouldn't mean I re cobtracted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting Darran2 and sorry to hear about your changed contract.

I'm unable to see your details so cannot do a quick check on your account. When the engineer replaced the box, did he not have a TiVo box so it's a like for like swap?

Can you check your online billing to see if it's indeed the box change and not a different chargeable item that could explain the 17p? What is the start date of your contract now? Does it coincide with the engineer visit for example?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Engineer came out 6th Feb he said my TiVo box needed replacing .he returned with a V6 box so he disnt have another TiVo box to replace my old one..the 17p is some roll over charge from my contract..it says my new contract started 7th Feb 2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Darran2. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take a look at your details and get some more information from you.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have replied privately..thanks for your assistance..can you please tell me if any price changes and when my contract runs out please  thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details Darran2 and can confirm everything is correct.

Your contract is still the same and you've not entered a new contract. I can also see that the 17p was a one off and your following bills are for the same amount you have been paying for. I'm not sure why the system generated the 17p but I've got it removed so your next bill will be the usual amount without the 17p.

Sorry for the confusion caused by this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou ever so much for your assistance..have a nice day

0 Kudos
Highlighted