Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why has my bill increased?

Has anyone else had their direct debit increased without warning?

I'm still within the offer period of my current package, yet this month the bill has jumped from around £30 to £41.99

Could this be related to the people who won't take no for an answer, relentlessly calling me up for the past 6 months, trying to get me to upgrade my line?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has my bill increased?

without seeing your bill, offer or contract that's impossible to tell. but your bill will tell you what you have been charged for and any offers that might of expired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input, apcyberax - when I recieve a bill you'll be the first (other than me) to see it. As I stated above I've had no contact from Virgin other than the annoying foreign sales people trying to earn commission sell me force me to take an upgrade.

But as I indicated, my initial package doesn't run out until May. This is my first broadband/TV package at this address, and indeed for over 12 years. I have not had any contract, of any form, from any provider, virgin or otherwise. No broadbands, no ADSLs, no cables, nada. I am a virgin virgin. I was previously happy with Freeview and mobile data was sufficient for my needs with giffgaff and its unlimited deal.

In summary, I have been a Virgin media customer for less than 12 months.

But, when I saw my direct debit, I've been charged more - and I don't know why. I shall give customer services a call in the morning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you always have a contract. by using the services you agree to the terms and contract.
The new customer discounts are not always for the full term of the contract so its possible one of your offers has expired

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your input - I can confirm that my deal was £33 for 12 months, rising to £54 after.

But on my latest bill I got stung for £41.99 - and I'm wondering if one of these people who cant take no for an answer has signed me up for an upgrade without my knowledge. They were trying to convince me to upgrade my package before it expires. My broadband has suddenly gotten faster - I usually get about 12Mb downloads, but this has jumped to 25Mb these last few days.

Maybe they've signed me up for a 100Mb package without my agreement. I was on the 50mb one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh and of course customers have a contract. Did that really need to be stated explicitly? 😊

Just so we are clear - FYI, I had no contract when I was not a virgin media customer. I tried but clearly failed to explain that, before May 2019, I had no contract with Virgin, Sky, Bt, insert-communications-company-here.

I think you misread my post, when I started that I have had no contact (note the lack of letter R) with virgin to explain why my bill has been increased. They are contRactually obliged to explain, in writing, any change in pricing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nos78

Thank you for getting in touch with us via the Community, 

I am sorry to hear that your bill has unexpectedly increased.  

From reading your post, I see you say you have not received a statement. This is highly unusual and we would also need to address this.

Had you requested that you receive a bill via the post or online please? If online, you will need to login to the your account by clicking here 

Once you have accessed you account, I would recommend checking your bill for information regarding the charge as it should be listed. 

Let me know if you have any problems accessing your account. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos