Menu
Kholmes99
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why do virgin keep hanging up on me?

I am shocked at the service I have received from virgin, I originally signed up to a 30 day rolling  contract because I wasn’t sure how long I would be at my old address. I received a letter in January to advise my bill was increasing, it had become quite expensive so my boyfriend called in on my behalf and spoke to an assistant who advised they will try and get us a cheaper deal, we were offered cheaper WiFi so I decided to stay but I have now realised I have been put into an 18 month contract, I didn’t sign up for this contract and not at any point was it mentioned in the phone call that this is what the adviser was doing. I have now moved home and unable to get virgin at the new address but I have been told there will be a cancellation fee of £240. I have tried to call Virgin Media to discuss this and no one has been able to help me, I have been passed back and forth through the same departments and I have been hung up on numerous times after waiting on hold for over an hour. Extremely disappointing.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do virgin keep hanging up on me?

It’s no surprise at all. The only way to get cheaper deal is to go in contract. The lock in period is what makes it cheaper. It is also true that prices rise whether you are in contract or not, as the contract pricing relates to a discount on the base price & the base price remains variable.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kholmes99
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand that but I didn’t want a long contract because I didn’t know how long I would be at my old address, when the price increased and I spoke to someone they signed me into this contract without telling me and without my permission so now i have a large cancellation fee to pay, surely that isn’t legal

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will have received correspondence, usually an email advising of the new contract, price and length of contract.

Those details are also available to view in  https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index 

You would have had a 14 day cooling off period to change your mind and revert to the original contract from which you could have given 30 days notice.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kholmes99
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes unfortunately I missed the email, I have now found it but this should’ve been stated on the phone call! I didn’t even think to check my email at the time because this isn’t what I agreed to and now I’m unable to get through to virgin, they are hanging the phone up straight away after I’ve been holding for up to an hour at times, disgusting 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Kholmes99,

Welcome to the forums - thanks for your post. I'm very sorry to hear of the situation with your contract and Early Disconnection Fees as well as the cut-offs you have experienced over the phone when trying to look into this.

I am sorry that the length of contract has not been better communicated verbally at the time with our agent.

As advised by newapollo, an email should have been sent to you confirming all of the new contract details. I've been able to locate the account using the details you've registered to forums with - it looks like this was generated on the 19th Jan?

That said, I will send you a private message as I would like to raise a complaint for you, as this should have already been done - please just keep an eye out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Kholmes99,

I hadn't seen your reply regarding the email by the time I sent my initial message, apologies.

I will still raise a complaint for you via pm.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide