Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why do VM consistantly get bills wrong?

I record my calls, especially to poor companies.

Just reviewed the call to cancel. The guy actually promised VM would NOT mess up!

Guess what? They've not only messed up one account but both that I cancelled on 9th June. This is all from last November when VM took the wrong amount. Hassle, hassle, hassle! They don't reply and when VM does it's very delayed. CISAS were useless. VM could be stealing loads from unaware customers. It's scary!

The forums were very good at sorting it out, but VM needs to get its act together.

Both my accounts are due to end on 9th July yet the bills emailed are for the full month period. I have the final amounts written down and in the recording.

So, I'm going to pay those final amounts before or on the due date and cancel the DDs.

I would like to know why VM are so bad at running their systems. It's really annoying as the internet part is good, reliable and fast. The time having to waste on calling is annoying and something I don't like doing. There should be simple email access. I never have received a reply from my Nov online messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do VM consistantly get bills wrong?

Hi rocketsteve2001,

sorry you are not happy with your bill.

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi rocketsteve2001,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, I am sorry you are leaving, the final bill Will be generated once the services disconnect, any money/ credits left on the account will be sent by cheque around 40 days after the services disconnect.

Kind regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

So you're saying I should ignore the incorrect bills stating that money will be taken form my account(s) and wait for the cut-off date to pass at which time a correct bill will be generated? (This should be the final bill as quoted by the guy who cancelled the accounts?) One account, broadband only so attracts no further charges, the other, there is a phone line but it's not been used for this bill period so amount should be as the guy stated on cancellation too.

40 days to send out a cheque, that's atrocious.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's not so much 40 days to send out a cheque rocketsteve2001,

It's to ensure there's no charges between what a customer believes to be their final bill and disconnection.  It's mainly related to landlines. I am sorry this impacts you, particularly if you don't have a landline.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

This is yet another reason I have left Virgin Media. Why can't they get this part as good as the internet part?

VM are illegally threatening action, as I have until the 30th July to pay this... (According to the first bill dates 10th July.)

Should anything detrimental be filed on my credit report again I will discuss with the, somewhat useless CICAS, and take this further myself. This is stressful and causing injury to feelings.

VM First Sent.jpgVM Overdue.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you must pay any bills generated and then it will be refunded

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I will pay what is due. If you can't see the photos or understand the situation, please don't comment!

VM billed on the 10th of July that £24.50 was due by 30th July.

VM billed on the 17th July that £24.50 is now overdue and threatening action.

Which is it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Once the disconnection has been put through if the recent bill was paid as normal we'll send a final bill to the property detailing any refunds. 

If you did not pay the recent bill before disconnection there is probably an amount that will need paying, again this will be listed on the final bill you'll receive to the property in the mail along with the equipment returns packs.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily.

Did you read and look at the photos?

I was disconnected on 9th, both accounts.

Received bills for remaining part, for both accounts. Both due by and on 30th July. Now they have sent this overdue demand! How can a bill due in two weeks be overdue?

NOW VM are making illegal demands and should any detrimental comments hit my credit rating I will discuss with CISAS.

0 Kudos