Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Why do I bother talking to customer service, another screw-up needs fixing.

So once again I'm here after trying to work with customer service directly, it seems they never seem to like doing the right things and only screwing up and lying.

I would really appreciate help here before I have to spend a day on the phone which will I'm sure lead to me cancelling everything I'm trying to achieve.

So the issue....

I placed an order on the 5th Nov, for an Oomph bundle to be installed at my new address....

Originally I placed the order for the Big Oomph +Entertainment/Drama at £45.99 per month with the intention of calling to get the sim plan increased, since placing the order everything has been moving along nicely even getting text informing me of additional works needed (pulling cable from street) 

Today 9th Nov I get an offer coming up for the Black Friday Bigger Oomph deal which is advertised for £54.99 which is great, I'll get faster broadband (M350), Maxit TV, Phone M and best if all the 40GB sim only....

So I try to call virgin (twice) phone lines just cut off when trying to transfer me and then I gets through to Paul via Web Chat.... (See below for chat log)

Paul gets to changing my order and then informs me that he can give me the exact same deal but for only £49.99 which is great.

I find out tonight when my contract updated that all Paul has done is upgrade the TV package and I'm still stuck with M200 Broadband and 5GB sim and also the new price is £46.99 per month??

So what has Paul done and worse why has he seemingly lied to me about his intentions.

This is what I want https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-oomph-bundle

To be accurate:

Broadband: M350

TV: Maxit (maybe 360??)

Phone: Weekends

Sim: 40GB or more.

Price: £54.99 or less

I would appreciate something for my time wasted by Virgin Media in recent months, however most importantly I just want the package setting up right and ready to go on my planned go live date of 19th November.

Thanks,

Spoiler

Info at 12:17, Nov 9:
Hold fire. We're getting you connected.
It actually looks like our wait times are longer than expected. We'll get you connected to an agent ASAP. Please continue to hold.
You're now connected to Paul.
You at 12:21, Nov 9:
Hi Paul
Paul at 12:22, Nov 9:

Hi Matthew, good day! Welcome to Virgin Media Sales Webchat. Hope you're doing well. I can see here that you are looking to upgrade. Do you have a specific package in mind? 😄
You at 12:23, Nov 9:
Hi paul, im technically a new customer, I placed an order on thursday Order reference: WS7275516
I'm hoping that before the go live date I can upgrade this order to the Black Friday Bigger Oomph bundle as it would be more suitable and better price
Paul at 12:25, Nov 9:

It's great that you'd like to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle. I'd be happy to check the best deal that I can give you, okay?

May I please have the following information to pull up your account?

• Full name.
• Postcode and door number.
• Please confirm if I am chatting with the account holder.
You at 12:25, Nov 9:
I don't think its the ultimate bundle however
M***
*** door ***
I am the account holder
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-oomph-bundle
Paul at 12:26, Nov 9:

Sorry about that, I mean the Bigger Oomph bundle.
You at 12:26, Nov 9:
no worries
Paul at 12:27, Nov 9:

May I ask for the 2nd, 4th, and 8th character of the password you quote whenever you contact us?
You at 12:27, Nov 9:
Paul at 12:29, Nov 9:

Perfect! Please give me 2 minutes to check your account. Okay?
You at 12:30, Nov 9:
ok
Info at 12:35, Nov 9:
Thanks for waiting, the agent will be with you as soon as possible.😃
Paul at 12:35, Nov 9:

Thanks for patiently waiting.
You at 12:35, Nov 9:
ok
Paul at 12:38, Nov 9:

May I ask how did you order the package please?
You at 12:38, Nov 9:
Paul at 12:40, Nov 9:

Thank you. I am actually trying to change your package to Bigger Oomph bundle but I am getting an error. Can you ask for 2 more minutes to check on this please?
You at 12:40, Nov 9:
yeah sure no problem
Paul at 12:41, Nov 9:

Thanks for patiently waiting, I appreciate it Matthew.
You at 12:42, Nov 9:
ok
Paul at 12:42, Nov 9:

Since you've mentioned that you want to upgrade your package to Bigger Oomph bundle, I can give this to you for just £49.99/month for 18-months contract (£90 ongoing).

This includes:
• Over 220 channels including BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD and top Sky channels in HD, plus our Virgin TV V6 box.
You at 12:42, Nov 9:
thats not the same deal
Paul at 12:42, Nov 9:

• Same Broadband, Sim tariff and Phone package.
You at 12:43, Nov 9:
oh actually
Paul at 12:43, Nov 9:

It's just an extra £1 from the original package you ordered.
You at 12:43, Nov 9:
I guess thats fine and the sim is?
Paul at 12:43, Nov 9:

Enjoy our amazing TV that includes more entertainment and HD channels.

Yes, you'll have he same sim tariff.

And the one-time fees still applies. Okay?
You at 12:44, Nov 9:
I guess great go ahead
Paul at 12:44, Nov 9:

Awesome! I will process the order now. Please stay connected for a few reminders, okay?
You at 12:44, Nov 9:
will I get an email to confirm this
ok
Paul at 12:45, Nov 9:

Yes, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours.
You at 12:45, Nov 9:
ok

We’d like to keep you up to date with all the latest offers and updates on our TV, broadband, phone and mobile products and bundles via online, email, post, SMS, and phone.

Don't worry, you can change your mind anytime by going to https://keepup.virginmedia.com/optout

Is that okay?
ok

Fab! 😄

May I please have your active email?
Paul at 12:46, Nov 9:

Thanks Matthew. Your contract is subject to a minimum term of 18 months; if you choose to leave your contract early or move to an address Virgin doesn’t service, you may be subject to early disconnection fees.
You at 12:46, Nov 9:
ok
Paul at 12:47, Nov 9:

All has been sorted now. The installation date will still the same which is on the 19th November between 8am to 1pm.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?
You at 12:47, Nov 9:
no thanks, thats great
Paul at 12:47, Nov 9:

I should be the one thanking for your time chatting with us online. 😄

I would really appreciate if you could answer a quick survey after this chat to let us know how I have assisted you today.
You at 12:48, Nov 9:
sure
Paul at 12:48, Nov 9:

Thanks so much for using Virgin Media Sales Webchat. All the best and stay safe Matthew! 😄

Take care!
bye
Conversation closed by the agent at 12:48, Nov 9:
Virgin Media Survey Bot at 12:48, Nov 9:

Hi I'm the survey BOT, i'm just going to grab some quick feedback.

How satisfied are you with the service you received from the agent who assisted you?
5😃

Did we answer your question or resolve your issue today?
Yes

Great, based on your experience, how likely are you to recommend us to a friend or colleague?
You at 12:49, Nov 9:
Virgin Media Survey Bot at 12:49, Nov 9:

Any comments?
You at 12:49, Nov 9:
none
Virgin Media Survey Bot at 12:49, Nov 9:

Thank so much for your time. 😀

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef working Warehouse Jobs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I bother talking to customer service, another screw-up needs fixing.

You might be better cancelling and ordering again

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi JitteryPinger,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issue you had with changing your package. 

Package changes isn't something we would be able to assist with over our Forum site. 

When the amended package was done over the chat did you get an email confirmation concerning this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I requested an an email but up to now haven't got one.

Are you telling me you can't help ? 

Thanks.

Matt

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef working Warehouse Jobs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Okay, at this point in time I will need to look into this further to see if I can assist.

What I will do is private message you so I can get some details to look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I would understand you saying you couldn't help if that where true... but this isn't the first time I've had to come on the forum for this type of thing and have been successful in the past.

HOWEVER...

I'm trying to play ball so I've sat on a call for 49 mins, I've spoke to Retention's who knew exactly what deal I was talking about and what I wanted to do but they couldn't because the account is inactive, so the retentions operator stayed online with me until they could speak to pre-install dept.

A short hold time later I'm passed over to someone in pre-install department and then spend some time directing her to finding the requested bundle, finally after directing them to the website they find the bundle and go ahead making changes, they then hit an issue changing the sim... (my guess is because it is active) 

So then after a little more holding they tell me they need to transfer me to mobile department to make the upgrades for the sim... PAUSE....

This is following an additional credit check being made against my name because of upgrading the sim contract????

RESUME... this time the operator doesn't stay on the line and after a short hold time I hear what seems like a connected call to a centre and then back to hold music for a very short time before I get Automated message saying the call centre is closed and will be open from 8am.... its 10:17am?

Sorecorded this call! and now stuck in the following position.

Once again other than the recording of the call where I confirmed the changes, new price and contract length of the new bundle agreed I've no email confirmation, will have to wait until the contract under bills updates to reflect changes to confirm I've not been lied to 'again' 

Meanwhile... my sim which is currently active as of yesterday (why its too early) is now stuck on a 5GB plan that's no good to me

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I bother... PERIOD... Installation date promised has no surprise gone BYE BYE

For anybody following this...

So this morning was installation day, I've taken the day off and despite my regular communication with Martin (above) I've been neglected the knowledge that the installation isn't/hasn't happened with absolutely n notice despite repeated requests to ensure the data is still on.

I have however had a re-pull team working in the street who showed me information pertaining to the job as no needed for at least another 31 days or more and that I'm lucky they aren't that busy currently that it has been done today...

They showed me my installation date as quoted 'at least 31 days or more away'

So my position now is, I'm due to be taking part in online projects tomorrow, which I'll now have to postpone, I was hoping to relax in front of the TV this weekend.... now unlikely to happen...

Virgin had two weeks to sort this, and they gone ****** it up even with dedicated support assistant.

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I bother... PERIOD... Installation date promised has no surprise gone BYE BYE

Update: Still no idea when I'm getting installed, tempted to do the install myself 🙄

Add insult to injury the Virgin Mobile sim that I have received and using is barely able to achieve 2mbps on 4G despite friends EE phone able to achieve over 40mbps.

I can't believe that customer service has deteriorated to this level, I seriously didn't think things would get this bad at Virgin.

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shall I just cancel or what!

Can I please get some damned help. Why the absolute lack of care, I pay your wages across three accounts.

If I want internet before Christmas shall I just look elsewhere?

So far I've got nowhere, I feel like I'm being fobbed off repeatedly, I've had no contact from anybody, I'm the only one putting in the effort.

I about to lose a work from home contract, not to mention spending the past two weeks living off of a mobile phone with 1mbps, I've lost two days of earnings from other work and haven't even been able to start other work.

This is ridiculous

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shall I just cancel or what!

So I've called in again to pre-installs team, they have been a little informative this time round letting me know that for some reason the area field manager is not responding to the repeated requests for information.

I've been told this is now being escalated to regional manager and I will be called tomorrow with some sort of update or at least for reassurance.

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow but I'm still absolutely ticked up by this and honestly will be looking for some compensation.

Matt

0 Kudos