Why can I change my packages online 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why cant i change my packages online

Only VM can say, and they don't.  I would guess that management are worried that giving customers control of their package would result in too many deciding to downgrade compared to the number who upgrade, and so they want to make sure that as many package change enquiries are rooted through the sales teams, where they will know that there's more ability to influence the customer's decision. 

All very 1980, I'll grant you, but until there is serious culture change at VM that's how it will stay.  As I've some experience in these matters, I can tell you that to change the entrenched culture and attitudes of a company of the scale and heritage of VM it takes ten years of hard slog.  Most companies won't even start that journey, many others will start it but let it fizzle out when the going gets tough, as it will.  The most usual outcome is a very modest improvement that is insufficient to change a company's reputation.  Can you think of ANY company that has successfully made the journey from rubbish customer service to enduring excellent customer service?  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wanted to have a look online at what I can change with out ringing and talking to someone as I'm not that good at it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well that ain't good as not everyone is good at talking on the phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lisa,

if you use the text messaging option you can probably manage it without talking to an agent.

You could maybe have a friend or family member with you to help on the phone. Once you pass verification you can ask if they can speak on your behalf. then if you're happy with any new package your "helper" advises you off, you can go back on the phone and authorise it?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos