cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't you check for better deals on the VM website?

pot-shadley
Dialled in

My contract has just run out and I wanted to check for a smaller TV package but there doesn't seem to be an option now to check this. As usual the monthly costs has gone up so was looking to reduce this. 

Where do I go to check smaller TV packages as am OK with broadband & phone?

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

You can only upgrade online so you'd have to call 0345 454 1111. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are many deals available through Retentions (the “thinking of leaving” option on 150) that are not available anywhere else. The best option is to phone up & haggle. Better still arm yourself with some competitors deals beforehand. Website offers are always going to be weighted towards the top end offers. The Retentions agent will look at what you have now & tweak individual discounts to get nearer to what you want.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I can ring retentions but guess that they are going to ask me for my 'memorable word' for ID, which I can't remember! I have just tried to edit this but it's now asking me to log in with a non @virginmedia email account! Why?

Also if I do change this does it affect just this account (the main one) or all the other secondary accounts? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pot-shadley wrote:

Thanks. I can ring retentions but guess that they are going to ask me for my 'memorable word' for ID, which I can't remember! I have just tried to edit this but it's now asking me to log in with a non @virginmedia email account! Why?

Also if I do change this does it affect just this account (the main one) or all the other secondary accounts? 

VM are migrating people away from using VM addresses, as they are not issuing new ones to customers now. Don't be surprised if Virgin drop the email services completely a little further down the line.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks