Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why are Virgin lying to their customers?

I complained about Virgin’s useless customer service back in Nov. In Jan I got a letter apologising for the lack of reply and that they would be in contact. Fair enough. But last month I received another letter saying they had tried to contact me but had been unable to. Not trusting VM I looked at missed calls, spam etc but could find nothing whatsoever to show they had tried to contact me. They actually lied...to a paying customer! I thought this might be a one-off, but having checked out Trustpilot it would see that lying is company policy. Whose leg do I have to hump around here to get a complaint looked at?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are Virgin lying to their customers?

... or they may have your number wrong or have mis-dialled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If only. Having checked my personal details I can see my number is correct. Re misdialling, they said they had tried on numerous occasions...so how many misdials are we talking about? The fact that it’s taken five months and I’ve yet to receive a proper reply addressing my concerns tells you all you need to know.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Given the timescale with no answer from Virgin Media, you should go directly to ADR via CISAS:

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Ernie, much appreciated. If only VM were as on the ball as you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can understand what you are going through. After having numerous conversation with Virgin Media Support Teams in the last four months, I can’t agree more with you, that their Customer services are lying and denying all what they have agreed in the previous conversation. What I have gathered is, this is systematic and they do it because it will effect operators’ bonuses when they agree to an action stopping any in-flow of money towards Virgin coffers, or to any refund to a customer. So they will lie to you in order to conclude the telephone call, but will not log in their system what they have agreed to action. After receiving your next bill without any correction, you will have to make another call and spend a lot of time going through the same explanations and transfers from one to another.

I also logged a complaint in Jan 2020, but so far had no communication from them. When I tried to track the progress, got the same answers as you got.

In order to have this fraud going, they are adamant to have NO communication over emails or post. Operators will tell you that there is no one in the team that is authorized to send emails to the customers. In whole Virgin Media web site, there are no means provided to contact their Customer Support via email if you have an issue.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just received another letter from VM. In it they say they're closing the complaint as I haven't been in contact: despite two letters and numerous emails being sent to them. It's not even just one lie now, the greasy shysters are doubling down and lying left, right and centre. Absolutely despicable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 726604,

I am sorry you're having this on going issue and also that the resolutions team haven't been able to get in touch. 

If you have received any letters I would recommend calling their contact number found on the letter. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Megan,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there's no contact number on any of the letters, indeed on one of them there's not even a return address! I've also sent numerous emails via VM's direct mail system (the one where there's no proof of sending) but to no avail. All I want is for a member of the complaints dept to phone me and resolve my issue! 

Marcus x 

Ps, just to clarify: It's not that they haven't been able to get in touch, it's that they haven't even tried to get in touch. They claim to have tried, but my phone and emails recored say otherwise.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marcus, 

I'm really glad we got this complaint sorted finally! 

I'll wrap things up on your account and get everything closed down. 

Hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Warmest wishes,

Megan_L