cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are VM so pushy

DonewithVM1
Joining in

So, I’ve recently cancelled my VM subscription. Paid my last subscription which put my account in credit by £42. 

Rightly VM requested their equipment back, they sent me the envelopes/bags to return the stuff in. Then the problems start! 

I was advised to use the collection service where a courier visits your home, so I book a collection day - on the day nobody turns up but I eventually get a text message from the courier telling me his van broke down, these things happen so sympathetic to his issue. I then rebook to have the equipment collected another day but ask for it to be collected AM, not a problem so all good… but again not collected, next text message tells me the courier visited to collect just after 2PM. 

then the emails and text messages start coming fast from VM, threatening emails and texts. Oh and then a letter. All saying I owe them £65 for unreturned equipment. Equipment that I have since returned after I took it to a shop for it to be collected from there. 

So, my question is - how quick will VM be in refunding my money? 

it hardly surprising that I have left VM as their customer service is deplorable. 

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM has an over-reliance on automated processes. When some aspect of VM's work fails to happen (such as an installation date is missed, a parcel is not collected etc.) VM's automated processes just keep on churning out irrelevant messages.

If you have returned the kit via a local shop for collection, the most important bit of info you need to have is the receipt which shows the tracking number for the parcel(s). That is your proof that you sent the equipment back. Often the VM forum team can deal with equipment return issues if you can prove you posted it with a tracking number.

As for when you will get your cheque back for the credit you are owed, I believe that the figure regularly quoted on here is within 45 days from your disconnection date.