Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why am I still paying for bt when I switched to virgin?

I switched to virgin media a few months ago after receiving a call. I said I was still in contract with bt and virgin said they would take care of it. I’m now paying two lots of bills and I’m not at all happy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I still paying for bt when I switched to virgin?

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician the best way to sort this problem would be to contact bt and make sure the contract is cancelled 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The only situation where Virgin Media can cancel anything for another supplier is if you request your landline number ported.

Assuming you made this request and your broadband and landline are with BT, both would be cancelled. 

Under no circumstances can Virgin Media cancel any TV service.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media don't use BT phone lines, so unless you ported your BT phone number across to Virgin you would have had to give BT notice to cancel the phone line.

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos