Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is the ombudsman for VM please?

Splangif
Joining in

Hi all,

So, 

I have had a contract taken out without my consent, hard credit search done on my by virgin media for an o2 sim which I never requested, my data (including address) has been given out to another customer, I have been overcharged on my bill.

I have been hung up on several times when trying to resolve this. I have had a complaint shut without being looked into.

I have had a complaint team phone call today ( another one I put in regarding the above but took them 5 weeks to get any sort of response which was today) and he just said it was 'human error' and when I said it sounded fraudelent he got uppity and said he would put me through to the fraud team and no surprise I wasn't transferred but disconnected...

Just called retentions and asked to speak to a supervisor (initially spoke to Jenn) and was told they would call be back in ten minutes. Jenn now called back and the supervisor is too busy and about to go into a meeting!! 

I have given VM every chance - who do I contact now please?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Splangif
Joining in

I have just called VM reception on 0333 343 9120 no joy,

Splangif
Joining in

Tried the vmo2 press office:

01753 565656

they don't bother answering

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Splangif,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for the issues faced regarding this proposed contract.

Can I ask was this completed over the phone by an agent? Were you due to come out of your contract?

Also you've stated you've been overcharged, is this before this contract offer?

Let us know,

Kain

Splangif
Joining in

I dont know how it was completed as I didn't complete or ask for it. I was due to come out of contract. 

The overcharging in on my new contract (which I did agree to but this was after the fraudulent one was stopped).

Good news for those that need it - I called Hammersmith (VM office) and have Lutz Schueler's email if anyone else needs it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more and sorry to see you're unsure about the contract having completed over your call with the team, Splangif.

We're eager to see how to best assist and view what's happened in this case, to do so I will send you a PM here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but to be clear a contract was made without my consent and not when I was on a call to VM. Equally a hard credit search was made without my consent at the same time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven’t received a message yet.

Thanks for coming back to us splang, a private message was sent to you 5 hours ago. 

If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
If you are on a mobile/tablet device then click on the little circle icon in the top right  and then select 'Messages'.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

i have note received a private message up to now?!

I am on a mobile device and clicked on messages on the top right and no new message is showing so you may want to check your systems!!