Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

While I wait...

...for someone at Virgin Media to answer the phone or the message system...

I have just upgraded my package and the wrong channels have been provided.  Seems I have been supplied with SD rather than HD channels.

I have the transcript of the discussion I had with the sales team, and at no point does it state that I would be getting SD and in point of fact I explicitly stated that I was happy to go ahead with the price quoted as long as it included HD channels.

Could someone from Virgin please get back to me asap or explain how I should cancel the order as it is not what I agreed for the price.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: While I wait...

Would be a help if you quoted the package you ordered.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi gobblebox,

If you upgrade over the phone then the changes are more or less instant.

If you upgrade online, via the text messenger, or the chat messenger, then the changes can take up to 48 hours to process as they need to be manually updated.

There have been issues with people adding Sky Sports and only receiving SD because they haven't paid the extra £7 per month for the HD channels.

You could try and force the channel changes using your remote control (it takes around 15 minutes to complete)

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

The changes were made via text because it is impossible at the moment to talk to anyone.

I have just checked my contract which is now up to date and it now says 'SD' but there was no mention of 'SD' when I negotiated the price online.

Seems I can only cancel the contract within the 14 day cooling off period unless someone from Virgin can get back to me to explain why they have provided an SD service when I explicitly said I wanted HD, not once but several times during the chat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi gobblebox, 

Thank you for getting in touch and posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with recent changes made to your account. 

Are you able to confirm if you are referring to the Sky Sports channels in HD? 

I am afraid we are unable to arrange cancellations via the Forums but we will be happy discuss the issues and hopefully reach a resolution

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Natalie

I 'upgraded' from Maxit TV, with a promo on Sky Cinema (which is coming to an end) to the 'Bigger Bundle with Sky Sports and Cinema' and agreed a price that I thought included HD, but this has not been supplied.  I have SD, and this is now what has appeared on my contract.

I ask several times, because the price fluctuated if the offer included HD and even before I agreed I asked if the price included HD.

I can send you the transcript if you like.

There is absolutely no point me paying for SD.  My eyesight is bad enough as it is!

But that's not the point.  The sales team were not very clear, and kept giving me different prices without telling me if it included HD or not.  At one point they did say (SD) so I assumed that if they didn't say (SD) it was (HD)...since I kept on asking for HD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

So as far as I am concerned the price agreed included HD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you gobblebox. 

With the MaxIt TV, there are HD channels included as standard. Were you specific about which channels you required in HD please? 

For a full list of the HD channels included, please see here : virg.in/cguide

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports and Cinema...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi again gobblebox,

The website is advertising the Bigger Bundle + Sky SportsHD + Sky MoviesHD in the Black Friday sale bigger-bundle-sports-movies 

Since you have 14 days to change your mind with regrades it might be worth seeing what price they will give you the  ultimate-oomph-bundle for instead in the Black Friday sale, or get them to honour the  advert which shows you should have both Movies +Sky Sports in HD

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos