Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Where to check all information

About 2 weeks ago, I joined virgin media via a worker coming to my door and taking down my details. I have an engineer coming this Saturday to set up the broadband. In the package, I got 100mb/s wifi and a 5GB sim which came for free in the deal. The engineer was actually supposed to come last Saturday, however nobody showed up so they're coming this Saturday instead.

The man who helped us gave us a sheet which has only our account number and agreement number at the top right. I'm really confused because I can't make an account as I haven't gotten any emails from Virgin Media so far, where I'm supposed to find my area reference.

I don't know if the SIM plan has already started and I have nowhere to check any information about the plan as a whole. Where can I check when the plan has started? Is it possible to make an account and connect my plan to my account somehow so I can see what I'm paying for? I was a virgin media customer a few years ago, so I think I already have an account. Is there any way to attach my plan to my account as I was only given an account number and I can't sign up without an area reference.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just confused as to where I can view my plan details. I would prefer to view all of this via an account rather than having to call in etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where to check all information

I forgot to mention I already received my SIM about a week ago but I haven't used it yet as I don't know if the plan has started. Also as I mentioned, I need to connect the plan to my account so I can enter the PAC code so I can keep my same number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rolay,

Firstly, I'd just like to give you a warm welcome to the community and we're glad to have you back with us!

To create your online My Virgin Media account, you would need your account number (which you've already got) and your area reference number. I'd be more than happy to help you with your area reference; I'd just need to know your postcode if that's okay?

Upon creating a new account with us, the account number you've been given will be different to the one you had when you were a customer of ours in the past. This will mean that there will be no link between both accounts and therefore no link between the online accounts, so no, having access to your old MyVM account won't help in this case.

For the mobile side of things, we won't ask for an area reference when signing up - only your mobile number and security question & answer. You can create your Virgin Mobile account here.

Let me know,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the help. My postcode is E7 8DD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, thank you.

Your area reference would be 34.

Pop back and let me know if you've been able to create your account.

Beth

0 Kudos