Menu
Ninomsk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where is my refund???

I terminated my account with virgin media in July 2019. In January 2020 I discovered that they were charging me since July even though I have terminated my contract. I was told in January they owe me £423.32 and I would receive the cheque in 45 days. Nothing happened, I called again I was told another 45 days, nothing happened again. In May I tried to do indemnity claim through my bank, virgin media rejected it. I spoke to Claire Grubb in virgin, she sent me email saying she would update me on my cheque, nothing happened, I emailed her few times - no response. In may I was told I would get it in June, in June I was told first week of July. In July I was told approximately they had a wrong address and it would be 1 week, then 3 working days, then again 45 days. Day before yesterday I called my cheque is still not sent out, I got a call back from a manager saying I should do indemnity claim, my bank refused to do indemnity claim because virgin rejected it first time. As of now my cheque still hasn't been sent. If I owed you money you would be calling every week and you would have taken it from my bank account. I am not waiting another 45 days. I need a response and bank transfer ASAP. I am reporting you to trading standards and I am also calling citizens advice. I have recorded my calls to your company and all the lies.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is my refund???

Hi Ninomsk, thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your disconnection and refund. Please let me take a look from here to see what we can do to help. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm your account details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Consider contacting the BACS Service for advice on why your bank is not following the Direct Debit Scheme rules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ninomsk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My bank tried to do indemnity but virgin refused, they said because of this they can't do second one. They also said because virgin has acknowledged that it's their mistake they have to deal with it 

0 Kudos
Ninomsk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just bumping this here as I was asked to go to private messages but nothing important has been done through private messages, just to keep me quiet here while they stretch time. I have waited more than 8 months, I have made numerous phone calls hours wasted on the phone, each time my call tool about 2-3 hours. I thought things would move along faster here but all they want is for me not to make a fuss where others can see. All I am being told is that my cheque is still not sent and no one knows why. I am not waiting another 45 days. You took payment directly from my card and since you failed to send me the cheque, I expect you to transfer money back to my card. I don't care if its not your refund policy because you have failed your refund policy already. Please transfer my money ASAP 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ninomsk,

Sorry to see that you're unhappy with our work thus far.

As advised over our PM conversation, we are currently taking steps to have this resolved for you

Apologies for the time this has already taken, please continue to liaise with me via PM

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Ninomsk
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After nearly a year of struggle I finally received my cheque. Should have come on forums straight away instead of wasting time talking in India. Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos