cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my cheque?

Lilliana345
Joining in

Hi,

My service was disconnected last month March 8th 2022, before being disconnected I was told I was getting back a certain amount. For some reason after my disconnection date virgin media magically found a way to reduce that amount, I was informed that i would get a cheque by April 6th in the post. I called today and the representative said that my account is completely closed and he can’t see anything about a cheque being sent to me. I was also told that you can only reach managers by email. If your account close down you can only come on here in the hope that customer service can see something and be able to do something about it. Why have such a big business and set up management like that…. Very sad. Why is virgin media so quick to take people money by direct debit but always find a way to keep/steal people money. Where is my cheque???

virgin media wifi is not as strong as they advertise, from the get go I struggled with wifi issues reaching around the house, then they give you booster boxes that don’t help but constantly church you for it. Don’t even get me started on the amount of times I complained about it. All they do it run test on their end and say everything seem good but nothing else is done. You get told multiple times to call again if the problem still persists, and the cycle repeats itself.

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

will flag this to VM to have a look - some rubbish in what you have been told - offshore was it - there is no outward facing email to contact anybody - manager or not but the lie got you off the phone and he would have marked the call closed and solved

cheques normally take 6 weeks from the close date so it would not even be due yet i think

but wait for VM here

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lilliana, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting to raise this to us. 

Sincerest apologies for your poor experience over the phone and confusion surrounding the Cheque. 

I will be able to look into this for you, we just need to confirm a few account details with you first. 

I will send you a PM to do this - you will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

We can return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi All, thank you to Lilliana for PMing with me. 

I can confirm the cheque has been processed and sent, and is awaiting delivery. Thank you for your patience whilst this arrives with you!

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

All the best. 

Molly