Menu
Frustrated27
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Where is customer service?

How do I speak to someone?

I have been generally quite happy with my broadband service. Speed and quality have been consistent and reliable.

However recently I tried to upgrade my service. Went through the process online and all seemed to be ok. Then the problems started with customer service. I had an email saying there was an issue with my upgrade and I needed to contact customer service. 2 times waiting for 30 mins on the phone before being cut off. 3rd time got through but was then placed on hold for 15 mins before being cut off. Tried the online chat and was placed in a 4 hour queue. I eventually gave up. All my options to upgrade have now disappeared.

Next I have started having issues with my Hub 3.0. It started getting very hot and the wifi has became unreliable. The lights on the front are now permanently red. In the last 48 hours the hub has been identified as the reason why my RCD is tripping regularly 3 to 4 times an hour. We have been recommended to turned it off. However, when I called the helpline it tells me to turned it off and on again and hangs up on me. I would like a new hub but no one to help.

Finally out of frustration with customer service - as opposed to the quality of the broadband - I called to cancel my service only to be told they are too busy answer and disconnected.

So now I have a dilemma... unplug my defective hub whilst continuing to pay for internet indefinitely as I am unable to order a new hub or cancel my service. Continue in vain to try to contact customer service. Or keep using it at risk as I need it to work.

I will be contacting the Communications Ombudsman but that doesn't really help me.

Virgin – 6 weeks ago I would have recommended your service but now I am utterly frustrated and I am out of patience.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make contact? How to get a replacement Hub?

Apologies for such a long post!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is customer service?

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Frustrated27,

I have read your post and I do apologise that you have had this experience, there are 3 points to your post that I need help clarifying to be able to help and resolve, 

I can certainly help with getting you a replacement hub if you are OK with self install, however are you seeking to cancel? If so, this can only be done by phone 0345 454 1111 or by post Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

You've also mentioned you have had issues with a contract upgrade, was there any explanation what this issue was?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos