Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Where can I view my bill please

Can you please tell me where I can see the details of my bill, which is more than I ever agreed to pay?  It seems to vary monthly, but we rarely if ever make landline calls any more, so what is there to vary?

I'm convinced I'm paying too much, I suspect I have been automatically "upgraded" at some point again to some poorly-explained TV package with a fancy name that I don't want and definitely do not need when there is nothing we watch that isn't on Freeview.  It happened once before and I "downgraded" it again.  We are pensioners and pensions do not keep up with real-world inflation, just the Government version.  It doesn't help that the service has been on and off a lot recently.

The reason I ask is that you send me a bill, I go to the link in your email to view the bill, (https://my.virginmedia.com/my-bills/index?buspart=uk_em_cus_cab_ebill_ongoing) and all it says is:

"We're really sorry but access to our billing platform is no longer available to Virgin Media National customers, due to the move to TalkTalk."  That's on a page copyright 2014.

Maybe you should return to full paper billing?  All I ask is some good honest transparency.

Thank you

Puffin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where can I view my bill please

Thanks for for your post Puffin and I'm sorry that you've been having issues with the price of the bills as well as viewing your bills

Can you tell me if you've created a self-care account, if so, you can login and check your bills as well as the contract you've agreed to previously

If you've been having issues logging in, or have not created an account please come back to us and we'll assist where possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I have no idea if I have a "self-care" account, but I do know that I used to be able to view my bills and other details online, including detailed telephone charges, so I must have had something that doubtless didn't go by that name at the time.

Perhaps you would be good enough to give me an URL to where, on Virgin's over-complicated and confusing website (it started that way decades ago, and has only got worse since) there is a link that will give me the access to my bills that I once used to have.  Everything I try now that suggests it will lead to my account details just takes me back to that idiotic Talk-Talk message which is unhelpful to say the least.

Seriously, if Virgin spent less money on constantly sending both my wife and myself junk mail that goes straight into the recycling unopened, trying to get us both to buy fancy iPhones that we shall never be able to afford, you could usefully spend the money on sending a free paper bill instead.  I bet no-one thought of that!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Puffin,

Do you recall what E-Mail address you used as a username to sign into the older account to view the bills?

It may be worth trying to log in using that username and following the forgotten password route

Give this a try via the link and if you need further assistance, we'd be happy to help

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

See below what happens when I go to your link.   See what I mean?  I already told you that everything I try leads to this.  I have been using the internet since the 80s, I may be a grumpy old man now, but I know my way around the net, computer programming etc, and I can generally find things other people can't.  My email address would have been my blueyonder address, I only have one.

2020-01-24.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Try again.  My screenshot does not seem to be appearing, so I have converted it to a jpg.

Virgin 2020-01-24.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No, still just a yellow triangle, even though it showed up fine in in the upload dialog.  It's a screenshot, which shows the same wretched message blaming the move to TalkTalk.

I think you'll just have to sort this out the hard way.

Puffin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Puffin, 

The images will be taking some time to approve with our moderators. I would also request that if you are going to put any image up on the public forum, that no personal information is exposed as this will lead to the images being rejected

I'll be back with you once these has been approved and are showing on my screen

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well if it had said that in big letters in the middle of the the upload screen...

Sorry about all the criticism, but frankly there is so much to criticise.

This grumpy old man is getting grumpier by the minute.

Puffin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Puffin,

I think this might be easier if we take this to PM

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos