Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

When will my new address be connected?

I moved house and arranged to stay with Virgin but at the last hour I was told in somewhat vague terms it will be 6-8 weeks before I can be connected despite being in a Virgin cable area.

All the stranger as a Virgin installer had come round to install broadband at the new place a week before we had even moved! The house owners correctly said he couldn’t do it. Can Virgin let me know whether I can get broadband with them or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my new address be connected?

Hi eightaceman, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion around the serviceability of your new property. It may be that the street has been cabled but the cables up to the property haven't been pulled through yet. 

Sometimes further work is required that hadn't been anticipated, & scheduling the work/gaining planning permission/arranging for engineers to attend can sometimes take longer than is ideal. I can appreciate that only being made aware at such short-notice would make this even more frustrating.

If you speak with pre-installs (0800 052 1734) and possibly the construction team directly (03330005925) they should be able to clear things up somewhat & set your expectations realistically - please let us know what's advised if you can & we'll support you as best we can from here.

Tom

0 Kudos