Menu
Highlighted
AlexDay97
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When will I receive a refund

I called in May to cancel my contract and give 30 days notice. My services were cut off on the 7th however I was billed £56 for the period 23rd May - 23rd June and charged the full £56 today. So by a rough calculation of the bill divided by days (£56 / 31) which is about £1.80 per day and I was only able to use the service for 14/15 days so I should be due a refund of around £25/30? And how long for this refund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will I receive a refund

Hi AlexDay97

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry if the billing process during a disconnection has not been made clear to you in the past. 

It sounds like you had a bill generated before the disconnection date and it is completely normal for it to be the full amount. Once the account disconnected on the 7th June, the system will have applied a credit to cover the over charge for the most recent bill.  

As a direct debit was already set up for the last payment, you will receive any credits/refund via a cheque and this is processed around 35 days from the disconnection date. The cheque will also be sent in the account holders name to the account address. If this has changed, please let us know and we can get this updated from our side. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AlexDay97
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but that is a joke. I’ve been disconnected and have just received an email stating my credit owed to me - the cheque should be generated now, especially since the system has identified the money owed. 

You can take my money easily and quickly even though you knew to only charge me a lesser amount but now expect me to wait 35 days for my refund. 

Let me ask you this. Do you refund the bank the interest you earn while holding my money or deliver it to me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexDay97,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. 

The 35 days is due to the fact the services can be reinstated at any time during this period. We would need to allow this time to pass before allocating the cheque refund. 

The amount returned to yourself will be the figure listed in your final bill statement.

Further information regarding the process can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AlexDay97
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t I just tell you I do not under ANY circumstances want my services reinstated. Therefore by passing the 35 day wait 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexDay97, 

I am afraid this is a process that cannot be bypassed. 

We will ensure that your refund is processed within the advised time scales but if there are any further issues, please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos