Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whats happening to Virgin Media ?

Its a while since I contacted VM about my contract, I was lucky last year and spoke to a lady in UK she sorted me a new deal, but now its a few weeks from expiry

So I ring today waited 27 mins for an answer and got through to a none UK call centre, I tried to listen and concentrate but I just couldn't understand 60% of what was being said to me (Sorry)

The jist of it was, that I couldn't even talk about my contract as it had just over 5 weeks to run and the system would not allow any CS operator to look at my account till 4 week before it expired

So was told to ring back on the 18th of July this is 2 days over the 30 day cancelation period, so VM would now charge me an extra 30 days notice period, surely this is not right as I would have been willing to give notice today, but was told the system would not let me do this 

This has to be against my rights as a consumer, as I am being prevented from giving notice before a date that will insure a 30 day penalty is lodged against me, can someone advise please?

Thanks

Hold on tight to your Dreams...(ELO)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whats happening to Virgin Media ?

It doesn't work like that, if you gave notice 28days before your contract was due to expire you would get charged another month THEN you would get a refund for the days you never used in that month.

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So here I am 2 weeks later still trying to cancel or change my VM contract I’m now pretty convinced it’s impossible 

so I’m on my 3rd consecutive day of ringing and getting fobbed of so here it goes

i ring in wait between 25 - 45 mins get a overseas call centre 

operator tries to get me to stay on the same deal but pay more I reject

get put through to another dept still overseas get offered a discount of a few pounds I reject

get put through to another dept again overseas get offered the ultimate bundle I accept operator goes quite Inask is there a problem get told system as frozen so will need to ring me back she ends call I never get called back

I am now in my 3rd day of this so VM is this a tactic to keep me on board ? I was hopping a VM employee was monortering this group so I can get some help or advice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello kenoliver

Sorry to read the above 

Sadly we have no access to deals and package changes on our forums 

Regarding the 30 days and changes, downgrades disconnection requests 

Do require 30 days notice. 

Certain time based discounts are not able to be removed until they expire

Can you please keep us posted on how you get on 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But I telling you now Gareth

its impossible to get it resolved I’m 3 days and 6 hours into trying to sort it, if I don’t get it done by tomorrow I’m into am

Another month of a contract I don’t want and as ended so how do I get it ended I must have some consumer right agains a company that just refuses to end or change a contract that as expired 

and you must have some contacts I can talk to you just can’t hang me out to dry like this 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry again you are not getting anywhere when you call kenoliver

We are not hanging you out to dry at all 

We do have a complaints messaging service who will be able to help 

Plus it saves you having to call again

Just click on the Message us your issue  link

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So after two more days hanging on the phone I finally get through to VM and fortunately I get the  call centre in Scotland

the operator was superb and dealt with my contract without any drama, I finally got to cancel it and go onto a basic package with no contract, this will give me time to look around as after 20 years on cable I’ve lost touch with whatever else is available 

all this drama because as my contract was ending I wanted to start a new one just like I have done for years all the things I was told I couldn’t do by the overseas call centre,  was efficiently done by the UK call centre if only I could have spoken to them initially 

During this incident I have hours hanging on the line the longest was 52 minsI have encounter sarcasm, indifference, and disrespect and down right disinterest, been passed around different departments, been cut off mid call, been promised call backs that never came, and for my part I have remained polite and respectful Throughout, I now know “ What’s happened to Virgin Media”

so my initial title of this post was What’s happening to Virgin Media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

'What’s happening to Virgin Media'

time of the year maybe, staff off on holiday plus extra queries from the recent price increase announcement.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So as a final wrap for this thread the conclusion  

I couldn’t accept that I should be driven away from VM after 20 years so I kept ringing until I got help luckily I got through on the UK call Centre and spoke to an excellent young lady called Lisa, she signed me up to the Ultimate Bundle without any fuss or problem 

None of you can’t do this or ring back in 2 weeks just a first class service just like VM used to be my experience with the overseas call centres as been awful now into its 5 th week with no help then in one call to the UK it’s sorted 

for me the real bonus is that on this new package I will be routed to the UK call centre that’s worth a premium to me 

The End 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back with an update kenoliver. I'm sorry that the initial experience wasn't a positive one, but glad Lisa was able to find a suitable resolution in the end. 

We'll be sure to feedback your experience & feelings on it from here, if there's anything else we may be able to assist with please don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

Tom

0 Kudos