Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What the hell do i do now??

Hi

im brand new on this board and have been brought here purely due to the absolute nightmare i am having with Virgin. Iv had fibre in for 3 years, we move house tomorrow to an estate that doesnt have virgin so the 15th (friday gone) i put in a month notice to cancel, this is where it all started. After getting cut off 3 times and speaking with indian call centres who tried to only sell me stuff, they cut my net off the same day! So i rang back up and again, got cut off numerous times, asked them to reinstate the connection as iv given 30 days notice and it should be live for that 30 days. 4 days later and numerous phone calls it came back on. I was told on the 15th no more money was due, today i got a bill for £100, filled with early cancellation charges and late payment charges!!! What the f**k! So again 45 minutes this morning on the phone, 5 different departments and then cut off!! What the hell do i do? I cant speak to anyone who will sort this, i have never in my life dealt with a company offering such disgusting customer service, iv spent the best part of 4 hours on the phone over 7 days all because i asked to leave.... and now the account is in this mess and iv got no one to sort it! Iv cancelled my direct debit i have no trust in this company at all!! 

Any advice pleeeaaasse??? 

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: What the hell do i do now??

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community LeeArmo

I apologise for the disconnection as this should not have been done until after 30 day notice period has finished. When was your contact due to expire? If you move to a non serviceable area, you will have to pay the early disconnection fees for leaving your contract early, this is detailed in the terms and conditions of your contract. They can be found in the link here, the team should have explained this on your calls into the centre.

Regards

Steven 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

reply above is correct if lacking in detail - early connection fees apply if you are still in contract - you say

Iv had fibre in for 3 years

thats not the important bit - if you changed anything in your package in the last 12 months then you will have started a new contract - if so they are correct to charge fees - getting a new hub can start a new contract under certain circumstances

however if you have changed nothing within the last 12 months then you should be on a rolling 30 day contract so no fees

charges are in advance so they do generate a last bill that looks to be past your leaving date - once everything is sorted they issue a refund - that can take 6 weeks and its done by cheque - nobody uses cheques these days but VM - if you have stopped the DD then obviously they cannot take the last bill but their system will call that a bad debt and black mark your credit account - not very friendly or good CS but par for the course

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was not in contract, it expired months ago and i never renewed as i knew i was moving and could not take it with me. Apparently what happened was i gave 30 days notice, they cut me off immediately, i spoke to them to say it should still be on for the 30 days, they put me back on 4 days later..... in a new 12 month contract..... then cancelled me again!! So now on my bill is 2x early termination fees, and for some reason a late payment charge when iv never paid late in 3 years, and i still have no idea what the status of my account is. I eventually spoke to a guy who seemed really helpful, he explained everything iv just said. After a further 48 minute phone call he adjusted the final bill down to £65 from £100 and said it was sorted and the bill would be sent to my new address, but my online account still reflects all the charges and a bill landed today reflecting those same charges! I must of spoken to 15 different people across god knows how many departments, across 3 different countries and no one has helped, its absolutley disgusting! 4 hours of my life spent trying to leave a company that i dont even have a contract with

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok - i can only ask questions and help with what i know i dont work for VM - will give them a shout and see if they can help - will be next week i would think

@Steven_L @ModTeam 

something would seem to be badly wrong here - hopefully someone can sort this for the OP

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony,

i just cant believe how incompetent a company like this can be. You would think by law of averages 1 person out of the numerous people iv spoken to could of fixed this problem. 

My main concern is the late payment charge, my credit file is perfect and always has been, highest score you can get, if they damage that through there own errors i will raise hell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LeeArmo,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm really sorry for the negative experience that's brought you here, I'm more than happy to investigate further for you.

Saying that, we;d never request or discuss sensitive information in a public space, so I'll send you a private message to clear account security. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner of this page to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael