cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the blazes! - price increase after discounts removed

Dee1985
Joining in

What the blazes is going on with Virgin. I have been a loyal customer for over 8 years and suddenly my package is out of contract ny discounts are all removed and my bills shot from 42 pounds to 63 up from the 25 when i very firat took it out this is daylight robbery and if its not sorted i am OUT. theres like 5 other companies offering cheaper. But out of sheer loyalty i stuck with virgin cuz they had alwys been reliable but what the actuall frick.

Interned isnt even a physical resourse you cant charge more for something you dont need to produce the gas and electic prices are shooting up because oil prices have went thru the roof but you cant go saying internet has suddenly cost more to make 

Absolutely disgusting!!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dee1985 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here. Sorry to hear about the issue with your package.

Your discounts may of expired, if you contact our customer care team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 they'll be more than happy to look at your package with you to see what new deals are available. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you had a £63 package with some generous discounts that have now expired, so you're back to paying full-price. Every monthly bill you receive will list those discounts together with the expiry dates.

If you have quotes from alternate suppliers, then you've done the legwork for a negotiation with VM retentions. See what discounts they will offer you in exchange for a new minimum term, and if you're not happy with those - give your 30days disconnection notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How do i contact retentions. Or have them contact me. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

0345 4541111, or 150 from a VM phone - choose the options for "thinking of leaving"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Dee1985, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The Retentions team can be reached on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4 again. You can also speak to them via WhatsApp by popping them a message on 07305327112. Please note that the WhatsApp service is not an instant chat and therefore can take a hours for a reply. It does let you get on with your day though and depending on your notification settings, will alert you once we reply. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Dee

Unfortunately you used the term ‘loyal customer’, you might want to substitute the word ‘mug’ for that, because, I promise you that is how VM will see it!

Bottom line, there is absolutely no ‘loyalty’ on either side, VM, as a commercial entity absolutely want to screw the maximum amount of money out of you as they can for the least service, you, as a customer, naturally, want the opposite. Such is life, it’s called ‘free enterprise’.

Except you don’t have to simply roll over, now VM owe you absolutely nothing for your ‘loyalty’, and similarly you owe them nothing in return. As you say you have alternative providers, then you are in a strong negotiating position. What you need to do is call VM and give notice to cancel, ignore any entreaties to stay for some paltry discount. Make sure that you are absolutely prepared to leave VM and sign up with another provider (and you have checked what is available for you and determined a reasonable alternative, yes)?

How good are you at playing poker? Because this is what it is, VM need to absolutely believe that you are prepared to leave, which they don’t want and hence will offer a good deal. If they suspect (and I promise you that the retentions staff will be fully trained in how to spot this), that you aren’t serious, then they will offer you nothing.

There is a thread on here somewhere in which the poster states that they ‘want a better deal but can’t be bothered to change provider’. Now be honest, that’s equivalent to playing a hand of poker but turning all your cards over first for your opponent to see before any bets are made! This poster will get absolutely nothing in terms of a discount!