Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

What's the process to upgrade Broadband and downgrade TV

Hi,

Working from home most of the time these days and want to upgrade the broadband upload for meetings with webcam.

Currently my package is M100 Fibre Broadband - so I assume there is something like the M200 or M350 would be what I should be looking at.

My use of VirginMedia TV box is negiligable - either Netflix/Amazon Prime/Now TV and so I'd like to reduce/remove that component of the package to reduce costs.

Happy to keep the landline part of the package event if it isn't that important.

Saving money is not the most driver for the changes, just rebalancing cost to what's actually important to me.

Can anyone recommend a package combination?

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the process to upgrade Broadband and downgrade TV

If your broadband is working properly you certainly don't need faster speeds to support video calling and conferencing.  These use about 5 Mbps up and down.  If you're having videocall problems with the existing connection then you can upgrade (and reward VM for a poor quality service), but if the problem is a latency issue you'll still find that it continues.  By all means, if you want faster speeds, it's your money, but as a rational call the only justification for going above 100 Mbps is if you do a lot of downloads or uploads, and spend time watching progress bars.

There's no proper account management options to upgrade or downgrade online, and no signs that VM will drag itself into the 21st century and enable this, as they'd rather you called their non-existent call centres.

Going back to that issue of "working properly", are you having problems, and if so what and when, on which devices and how do they connect to the hub?  Many problems are relatively easily resolved, a few are almost impossible to get resolved. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos