cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s my best option?

hyman
Joining in

Hi just wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do…my contract is up on 6/11 price goes from £79 to £144. I have mobile tv (including sports and cinema)and broadband which virgin have just upgraded without me asking to 1gig.

I rang up and they offered £116 without bt sports which is still too much, but I did explain I would want to cancel completely or go just broadband (sky got decent tv deals with bluelight). Definitely don’t need 1gig though.

Should I just cancel completely and get my partner to sign up through family friends link? The top package looks to be £69 including bt sports. If I cancel today, can they sign up now with an install date the day after my last day?

Is there a better way of getting price down?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hyman,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you're considering cancelling. Cancellation takes 30 days from the date of request, and if you cancel early then there'll be an early disconnection fee to consider.

As our offers are subject to change, I'd recommend waiting until you're within the final 30 days of your minimum agreed term and then speaking with our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). They'll be able to outline what offers are available for you at the time so you can consider your options.

Let us know how you get on and if you need our help with anything else.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hyman wrote:

Should I just cancel completely and get my partner to sign up through family friends link? The top package looks to be £69 including bt sports. If I cancel today, can they sign up now with an install date the day after my last day?

Is there a better way of getting price down?

Thanks

Hi @hyman 

VM changed their bundles/packages on 1st September, and since then none of the packages include TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sports)  If you are wanting TNT Sports then it's now £18 a month extra.

It sounds like you may have been on the now obsolete Ultimate Volt bundle, which has been replaced by the Mega Volt bundle, or the Bigger Volt bundle + Sports which has now been replaced by the Bigger Combo Volt bundle + Sports HD. 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and selecting options 1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving) Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

You mentioned Sky and deals with bluelight- with reference to VM do the following page work for you?

https://healthservicediscounts.com/retailers/virgin-media-2927 

There may also discounts available via https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/ 

As far as I can recall the NHS discounts only apply to new customers in the first 18 months of their contract.

It may also be an idea to cancel your current contract and your partner sign up as a new customer taking adavantage of new customer offers, either by the VM website or one of the above methods.

Regarding the Family/Friends link, there is nothing to prevent you taking that route if you have a valid VM/O2 contact who can obtain that for you.

If you do cancel and another family member signs up then you will lose all your current email addresses (they expire after 6 months) you will also be issued with a new landline number.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali