Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is the point of homeworks? You can get through to anyone? and when you do its the same support team

I really don't understand what I'm getting when i pay the extra for the Homeworks service?

I am supposed to get a dedicated support team, and fast turnaround, and yet I can never get through to anyone? today I tried multiple, I was on hold for over an hour on multiple calls.

Am I using the service wrong? VM told me to call 150 and I would be routed to a homeworks team?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point of homeworks? You can get through to anyone? and when you do its the same support t

I have terrible broadband speeds starting beginning on this week.

I'm not getting any response from online support and the phone support just holds and holds, then rings and then you get a "the other person has cleared" message.

So Frustrating
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point of homeworks? You can get through to anyone? and when you do its the same support t

how are you testing your speeds. Are you using a wired or wireless conenction?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wired.

its not just me, neighbours, friends in area15 getting the same. Im very familiar with my internal setup, it is not on my infra. 

Ive noticed RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC= in the logs? could this be related

What is the point of me paying for home works, if all I can ever do is end up getting directed to this forum?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point of homeworks? You can get through to anyone? and when you do its the same s...

Hi Mariutto,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing slow connection speeds.

Homework's if only there for support for 3rd party devices any faults ETC would be BAU, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, if you are still experiencing this I advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point of homeworks? You can get through to anyone? and when you do its the same s...

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The issues is fixed now.

But I never knew that the Home Works was only for third party and home devices? I was sold a higher tier of support or so I thought. I will cancel my as third party support is useless to me

the fixed issue:

I had RCS Partial Service +Warning! Lost MDD Timeout errors in my routers logs. my download was ~45Mbs and upload 35Mbs.

the issue was highlighted by significant video call drop-outs.

I hard reset the router and setup from scratch - speed is back to normal.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mariutto,

Thank you for coming back to me, glad to hear this is now resolved, in regards to homer works if you wish to remove please give us a call and we can do that for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, what number would I ring to sort that out? I hope not 150, Ive spent over 3 hours on hold on that number this week?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can call 0345 454 1111 and follow the option to discus your account or you can text change package to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much - I'm attempting the texting option 🙂

0 Kudos