cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What have O2 done to my Virgin?

5Galadriel2
Tuning in

Been with Virgin Media since before digital - I also worked at Telewest - a Virgin company - with little bother or trouble.
I have been paying £98.00 a month for my package for nearly 2 years and this month I received a bill of £136.00!
No explanation - nothing.
Tried to get through on phone - ridiculous system! They appear to think everyone operates via mobile phone!
I am 71 not 17! I don't have my mobile glued to my hand! And I don't want to be sent 'Q' codes when I'm TRYING to query my bill.
Also, Virgin used to have the best service in my area - I tried Sky once - no comparison - but lately....!  Crawling and staggering... then I get a notice saying 'We fixed it!'.
O2 - you are FAILING...!
Can anyone tell me how to speak to a human being please?

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you logged into 'My Virgin Media' and looked at your contract/package info to see what has changed?

The timescale suggests it might possibly be a package discount coming to an end.

You are unlikely to get a VM forum team reply here in 'Community Natter'. A moderator or VIP might move the topic to ‘Managing Your Account – Cable’ where you should get a VM reply.

Thanks.  The problem is GETTING IN TOUCH with anyone at Virgin now. It's impossible. I was hoping someone here had a magic answer for me as to how to speak to an actual person!

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @5Galadriel2 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

That sounds like your contract and by extension discount has ended.

Please either call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4 or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start) and we can review your account.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

5Galadriel2
Tuning in

Thank you !  You are correct - but that doesn't change the fact that it is now next to impossible to get through to a human being, and on the rare occasions you do, you cannot understand them as English is not their first language.
I suppose I could get my 12 year old grandson to come and live with me to communicate with the bots, but I don't think his Mum would approve.....🙄

All agents both speak and understand English so I am sure you'll be fine when you call the team.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill