cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with contract if move off network?

GazCBG
Fibre optic

Hi,

If I am in a contract with Virgn Media, and I move off network, what happens with the remaining contract.

Will I need to pay for the remain unused contract, even thought, I am unable to get it, for whatever reason?

Gaz

Accepted Solutions

If you are in a fixed term contract and move to a property not serviceable by Virgin Media, Early Disconnection Fee's may be waived. Have you spoken to the team to advise of the move and address?

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GazCBG 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

If you are within your contract and want to leave then there will be a early disconnection fee.  

If you click this link, you can see more information on how an early disconnection fee works.

You can also see the reaming time of your contract length left, by going onto your my Virgin Media app.

Acsess your Virgin Media app by clicking this link.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

GazCBG
Fibre optic

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, is that still the case as another forum sent me this link: https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-ends-charges-for-off-net-home-movers/

Which is dated 16 February 2022 on a Press Release?

If you are in a fixed term contract and move to a property not serviceable by Virgin Media, Early Disconnection Fee's may be waived. Have you spoken to the team to advise of the move and address?

Rob

GazCBG
Fibre optic

Hi,

I am not moving, it was more of a question for the future, if I move.

It would depend on the process at the time but if you were to move to a non serviceable property this would be taken into account for any potential Early Disconnection Fee's 🙂

Rob