cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens now I've cancelled O2?

juliepeez
Tuning in

I've already had a torrid time with virgin since I upgraded a little over a week ago.

On top of this, after several days of trying the O2, I've had a bad time with that also.

My area seems to be a blackspot with O2.

Signal shows 4G+ symbol but signal is weak - calls are crackly, I lose service and some calls to me go to answerphone etc. My dad is I'll and I go to check on him but I can barely get a signal there (about a mile away).

I use mobile internet a lot but I'm getting speeds of 1-2mbps. Sometimes it jumps up to as much as 30 but drops straight down again and it is really noticeable when web browsing.

I've come from EE and never had any issues and get an average of 60mbps.

So I've cancelled because I'm not being stuck with such a downgrade for the next 18 months.

So what happens with virgin? The O2 lady says I will lose any volt benefits but that's all.

Trouble is I'm not sure what the benefits are. I told the guy when he was pushing the upgrade (I was trying to cancel) that I didn't want the pods as they won't work with my setup (I need to be able to connect to 5G directly so split bands) but he sent one anyway. I phoned to cancel the intelligent WiFi and arranged to send the pod back.

I can't figure out whether I get a speed boost or not.

The guy said it's gig1 plus volt and mentioned a speed boost for O2 but not virgin.

My account shows gig1 plus volt benefits but doesn't list a speed boost anywhere.

So will I lose my gig1 speed?

Virgin have been a nightmare throughout so I don't want to talk to them again. I was lied to during the upgrade, offered £43 per month several times and asked him to confirm twice which he did but the contract came through showing £46. Eventually virgin have added a £3 discount to bring it to £43. This was after 3 phonecalls because the first two people said they had dealt with it but didn't.

I was told twice I would be getting a new hub but then told I wouldn't be getting one because I already had hub4 from previous package. This after I've been complaining the router is faulty and keeps disconnecting. 

I had to phone several times because 3 days after I was told the upgrade was live, it still wasn't 

I was supposed to have had an engineer out but then got an email saying thankyou for calling and resolving the issue when I never did call. So then they put a 24 hour test on the line and said call back in 24 hours. Called back and was told no test had been done.

So now everything seems to be up and running ok (albeit I had to buy my own router because of the hub disconnecting).

And now I've had a letter saying my price is going up in March.

Sorry for ranting on but virgin are doing my head in and I think if they are going to drop me down to 500gig I may as well just cancel as I can get better price for that than I'm paying now.

I'm still in my 14 day cooling off period according to the contract (though a guy on phone said I'm not because I upgraded so existing customer) and even if not I can cancel anyway due to the price hike.

Is there any point trying to deal with virgin anymore?

13 REPLIES 13

Been trying all morning since early. Just listening to that irritating music for god knows how long (I'm losing all concept of time now) til I have to hang up because I have other things I need to do than spend all day on the phone hoping to talk to someone who will have no idea what I'm asking. 

2 of the calls were answered and instantly cut off each time.

This really is a disgrace. 

And now I'm getting the "system issues" message and told to call back later!

I'm certainly not going to send a letter. They have messed up in every aspect of this whole thing from outright lying to me, charging me the wrong amount and taking 3 more calls to get it sorted, not getting upgrade connected when I was told it would be, constantly being disconnected when do manage get hold of anyone  the terrible customer services now becoming non existent customer services.

I'm not even sure anyone there would be able to open an envelope, let alone action the letter.

juliepeez
Tuning in

So finally managed to speak to someone.

According to this person, "it says here you're staying on the gig1 package and you won't be affected by the price rise".

With recent experience I just don't feel convinced at all. I was told by one of the VM team on here in private message that I will be downgraded to my previous package.

So what do I believe?

Thanks for coming back to us @juliepeez and I'm sorry that you have been given contradictory information about your account. I believe that the information that you have been told via private message is correct, I dont want to go into further detail in the open forum due to data protection but I would take the information in the private message as the correct response.

Regards,

Steven_L