Menu
Vm_wanted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What compensation am I due?

Hi,

I recently got connected to virgin, but it was a pain to get to this point. I had the self start package, couldnt get it started so technician came. He couldnt fix it as he said there was some work needed. 3 missed appointments later and 2 other visits later it was connected. In between this period i was charged a full month but i didnt have Internet for a full month. 

Would this not come under the total loss of service?

Or even missed install date from first technicians visit?

I have chased but have been credit £58 but this seems ridiculous.  How i can be credited £8 for a days total loss and not the others? There was a manager good will of £25 but no compensation for the full month i paid without Internet.?

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What compensation am I due?

Two relevant VM pages are here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

and here

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

There are a bunch of T&Cs and small-print and ways in which VM can avoid paying out. You'll need to read in detail and see how it applies to your situation.

If you think you have a good case, which fits all of the above criteria, then you may have to push hard to receive what you think you are due.

Item 6. in the second link seems like it might be the starting point for you based on what you have written.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Alternatively you can raise a formal complaint with VM asking for better compensation or a "deadlock letter", that will probably be rejected (some complaints appear to be lost of closed without any useful outcome), but if you're still not happy then regardless of what outcome the complaint then with the deadlock letter you can immediately escalate to the arbitration service CISAS.  Without a deadlock letter you can still go to CISAS, but you have to allow eight weeks from VM receiving the complaint.

Taking a complaint to CISAS involves a certain amount of effort and perseverance, and their deliberations take time, so give that some thought before committing.  Also, if a complaint is raised with VM, then the company can't respond to you about that matter, it all has to go through CISAS. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vm_wanted,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I am sorry for the experience you have had, can appreciate it's not a great start.

I have had a look at your account and can see you have spoken to our team regarding this and there is an open complaint on the system which has been escalated for you.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vm_wanted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm still not getting any progress on this. U was told to expect a call within 24hrs, its now been 5 days.

What is happening with customer services? 

Why can i not get a proper resolution on this?!

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vm_wanted

Thanks for posting this back on here, 

I have taken another quick look, and this complaint is still open and is still getting reviewed, so please do bear with we are getting this sorted for you 🙂 

Please do keep messaging us back if you want an update, we can assure you this is getting dealt with by the correct team. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos