Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Welcome offer expiring

My Virgin Media package welcome offer is expiring in 2 weeks. I haven't been able to contact the call centres as this isn't an urgent matter given the current circumstances (Which is understandable) but at the same time i don't want my bills going up by £35 to £40 just because I haven't got the opportunity to discuss this with you or speak to alternatives, and the money coming into our household has dropped. In the contract upgrade options all you can do is add further packages which would increase it further!!!

Need help to rectify please - would be happy just being kept on my current package until the current situation is over (hopefully). 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Welcome offer expiring

We are in exactly the same position. Spent this afternoon ringing and it said all closed (like you said totally understandable). Email wouldn't work and the live help wasn't available.We've also been charged today the new amount even though it shouldn't start until April 9th (£30 a month!). No partial payment. No options left to do! And they've admitted problems in our area, all services dropping out. Hoping they see this so we can sort something out. Maybe 3 months leeway til this is a bit more settled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same situation too, my weclome offer has finished and my month payments have gone up by £20 - £30 so I tried calling customer service to negotiate a new contract and found it was closed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the moderators on this forum will see that their are a fair few of us with this issue and work towards resolving! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences as well. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here - offer expiring, no way to make necessary changes to my package online, cut off when trying to make contact by phone, so I'm effectively trapped with a package that I can't alter. Not good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, same problem here. Could really do without this right now 😷😷 Probably get by with no TV or Phone but no Broadband 😱

HH.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Anybody had any luck? X

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Similar problems here. I'm out of contract and have £18/month in discounts on my account which are set to expire this month. I can't do anything to my package online; I just get "an unexpected error occurred". So I've got two choices; join the phone queue or pay £46.50/month for 100Mb fibre.

I hate contract renewal with VM. It's a ridiculous waste of everyone's time. In the end, I'll get the price I want. I have done every year for the past 7 years. But the legwork needed to get it is just silly. This crisis just increases that legwork and makes it seem all the more ridiculous. People like me wouldn't be in the phone queue if VM just set sensible prices to begin with, or made it easy to renew at a sensible price.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I still haven't heard any response from Virgin - 2 weeks after my original post and with additional comments with multiple people in the same situation! If anyone has managed to resolve this please do comment. Thanks all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, was anyone able to find a solution? 

0 Kudos