Menu
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Website keeps signing me out?

Apologies if this is not the correct forum, but this is becoming increasingly frustrating. 

When signing into my Virgin media account online with a view to using the chat feature to talk to someone regarding an issue, whenever you click on the 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of the page, the website signs you out, as such making all chat options impossible. 

Is this a known issue that is going to be fixed? It's been the case for the past few weeks now. 

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website keeps signing me out?

HI Bixer

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and my apologies you are having issues with this function on our chat service Smiley Sad

Has this happened on all browsers and does this happen on all devices?

If you have not yet tested this can you check this out by:

• Trying a new browser
  • Testing this on a new device.

If this is still the same can you clear your cache and cookies and retest. This is not a known issue we are aware of. I have testing this myself this morning using IE and Firefox on my desktop PC and it works fine for me today.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I've tried it on another device, another browser, clearing my cache and I've tried it on Google Incognito mode. 

I can sign into my account absolutely fine, but when I scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'Contact Us' link in the purple bar, the link to a new page seems to forget I've already signed in as it's loading and so as a result I'm signed out and unable to use any of the chat with us functions. 

0 Kudos
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone going to help me with this? Having tried on multiple devices and multiple browsers, it's definitely a problem with your website. I don't have time to continually wait half an hour on hold every time I need to speak to someone from your team!

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bixer, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure how we can help. 

When testing it with other accounts it's working fine. We've had no other reports of this either so it's not a widespread issue. 

We would need to replicate this before we can go any further so give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. The team can then take remote access to replicate the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
konrads
Just joined
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

my name's Konrad, and I'm writing to inform you Bixer is not the only one.

I'm a new customer, and, unfortunatelly, I have a complaint to make. I tried to use online chat, but every time I go to help section, it opens a new site and logs me out. When I log in, it goes to the main site. Nothing works.

I'm using firefox, so, as I understand, there should be no problems?

kind regards,

fix it please.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi konrads, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access the chat function.

Can you confirm if you've tried what's advised on this thread?

Testing a different browser or trying to access chat on a different device.

Get back to me when you can Smiley Happy

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've tried everything suggested in this thread for months and there's still no fix

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bixer, 

Did you contact the team in order for them to try and replicate the issue?

If so, what was advised?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Bixer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I contacted the team, they were unable to to take control of my device and as such essentially no solution was offered. Almost a year later and it's still a problem on every single device in every single browser, so it can't be an issue on my end. 

0 Kudos