cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe app not working

jimtmacd
Tuning in

Hi, I've seen this problem mentioned so many times but nobody's 'fixes' work. When I got the Manage Websafe Settings I get the virgin spinner then it just goes back to the previous Home page  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home It's just an endless loop. It doesn't matter which computer I use or which browser I use. Just going around and around like a mad lion in a cage! A bit like how I feel right now!

31 REPLIES 31

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jimtmacd,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with accessing Websafe. 

Can you confirm if this is being access via a Broadband or Mobile data connection?

If it is Broadband, is it via a Wired or Wireless connection?

^Martin

It's broadband and before you send me of on another hair-pulling-out round of useless checks where I uninstall everything on my computer and losing vital information along the way it looks like the problem (after making a seriously angry call to your help line after not even being able to make a formal complaint about this) AND my landline number suddenly stopping working today less then 24 hours after being connected, a vital landline connection that I need because I'm hard of hearing so need me landline connect so i don't have to keep my mobile strapped to my body 24 hours a day since my mother is seriously ill in hospital. The problem is I had an account before. Something I told the guy that sold me the deal. I told him at least three times and when he had problems confirming the account to my virgin email address and had to give him a different email address I told him again! BUT he at no point thought it might be a problem. So why would I. I'm not the one running a MEDIA company!  I also told your engineer yesterday. But, NOT ONCE did anyone pick up on the fact that I was using the SAME email address. Of COURSE I am because why would I not? It's a VIRGIN email address! I swear to god I wish I had never heard of VIRGIN!

We understand your frustration jimtmacd at a difficult time for you and apologise for any inconvenience caused. From looking at the connection and equipment we can't see any area issues that would explain the landline issues experienced. Has this improved since your post? What is the issue with the landline specifically?

Web Safe also looks to have been set correctly also.

Rob

the engineer has just been and it was a faulty splitter. In 18 years of having broadband I've never had a splitter fail, and this one failed in less than 24 hours!

Was the engineer able to replace the splitter and get you back online jimtmacd?

Rob

yes, he's fixed that. I'm still waiting to be able to have my account fixed though. The splitter is just one of those things but the account not working because I'm a returning customer is a big cause for concern though. I am certainly not the only person to have come back to virgin after moving house. You've known for a month that I was coming back, so had a previous account and you've known for 12 years that I've been waiting to come back to you. All it would take is a screen in your 'Process' when the customer service person was dealing with the customer. You clearly have them because we get 'Tells'  as we go along on the 'Process'. This bit would have avoided me spending a lot of time and a lot of frustration trying to fix a problem I could never fix!!!!! This is the bit you need to be correcting and someone should be making a serious apology to me about! Not some flippant 'Oh, we're sorry this happened' It ruined my weekend having spend hours trying to clean/empty caches, reinstall software, on several devices!  This is the bit I am utterly furious about! You messed up and you made my weekend hell and caused a huge amount of stress. Some people can just let things go and live with things not working. I'm not like that. I have to fix things especially when I'm barred from using my site that I get income from because you think it's too adult! I don't even have children and I pay tax on my income.

We're sorry for any problems and inconvenience incurred jimtmacd, it's not the level of service we aim to provide and we will ensure the feedback is passed to help improve the experience all of our customers receive.

Rob

but could someone, in the meantime just fix my internet connection because I am not a 5 year old child and haven't needed a nanny for many years?! Please!

Also the assumption that everyone has, wants or can have children is extremely offensive and upsetting. To have to come here to a public forum and ask for child locks to be turned off is also extremely offensive, humiliating and upsetting! Honestly, if I'd know I was going to have be paraded in public like this I'd never have signed up to Virgin again. I was with BT before and Sky before that. I didn't have to endure this humiliation there so why do I have to here!?