cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe Locked on after house move

LesleyMaiden
Joining in

I have just recently moved house and my services are working

My issue is my Web and virus safe settings seem to be turned on despite the settings turned off in my account settings

When I logon to my account it says my services are disconnected, I believe this is due to us been given a new account number

Has anyone experienced this before after a move?

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LesleyMaiden,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry that your web safe seems to have re-activated itself.

The reason for this is your house move, it will automatically be switch on again as its a new account and address.

Once you register your new account details for an online VM account, you can switch your web safe option off as you did previously.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

I tried to register my details for a new account but when I try it says my new account number is already linked to an email 

The same email of my previous account

Thanks

Hi LesleyMaiden,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue, I am sorry that you've ran into another problem whilst trying to get this resolved!

As you've recently moved home, your Online Account details may still be linked to your account under your old address. 

This is easily rectified on our side, we can also take a look into your Web Safe settings for you whilst we sort out your Online Account issue. 

I'll be Moving & Transferring your Online Account details from your old account onto your new one.

I'll send you a Private Message now so we can get this process started!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Client62
Legend

To bypass Websafe ( Child Safe / Virus Safe ) use a Public DNS on your devices.