Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wayleave query

I've had a message from the wayleave team regarding my potential new property. They are saying that an agreement form must be signed by the new neighbour, which is fine. However, they are saying they can only distribute this document by email. The new neighbour is a pensioner with no internet access. 

Is email really the only way to obtain wayleave? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wayleave query

Thank you for the post Swi1ch.

We're aware that some processes may have changed due to the current covid-19 situation.

Did someone from our way-leave team contact you in regards to this? How was this request put through to us? 

Are you moving into a property with an active account left on the address?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

My house move is currently on hold and is likely to fall through (I have had to cancel the move with Virgin Media for several reasons, this being one). The property has not previously had a Virgin Media connection.

When it was happening I contacted Virgin Media to request moving services and had a date booked for install at the new property. I was then emailed by the wayleave team requesting an email address for the neighbour to grant permission for the install. I replied mentioning that it was highly unlikely that the neighbour would have access to email, and asked if there was an alternative method. The reply I received states:

"Unfortunately we presently can only send out document out via e-mail, we are currently unable to send out postal documents. Once we have received permission from your neighbour we will be able to confirm your install date."

I am not sure whether to interpret that as a general process or something that is in place due to Covid. 

I have previously spoken to the neighbour and have had verbal permission to grant the installation should I move. The only issue is they do not have email (I do not believe that they have an internet connection).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to confirm with the neighbour if they have any way of accessing an email address to do this? They may be able to provide someone elses email address and confirm this through this email address with their details.

If the team have advised this is the process this would be the way in which it would need to be completed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't suppose you would know what the process is if I managed to achieve that? For example, if it's an online form to complete I will have to advise the family member to bring a laptop to the neighbour. If it's a document to be printed and posted I will need to find out if they have access to printing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swi1ch,

Thanks for replying, I can only advise speaking with the wayleave team at 0800 952 2200, where they will be able to inform you about the process and whether there are alternation options available.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos