Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Want to cancel, Virgin have moved me to a new contract without my permission

I phoned on the 29th October to give my 30 days cancellation of my package (which was on a rolling monthly contract because I'd completed the 18 month term). I am moving to a location without support for Virgin Media. After about 90 minutes (and having to call through 3 times due to dropouts between my call being transferred), my cancellation was accepted. I have already received boxes to return the equipment.

The 28th November should be my last day of service with Virgin Media.

Today (at 14:14) I receive an e-mail "Thanks for making those changes!" ... "Your new package now includes: Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband - Loyalty Customer". This is priced at £39.00 per month and then £65.00 per month from June 2022; this is apparently with a discount for being a "Loyalty Customer". Seriously, how can you have done this?

This unapproved change in package takes effect from the 26th November.

My complaint number is C-151120686.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want to cancel, Virgin have moved me to a new contract without my permission

Good morning @andyxl987

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear about this situation, I can see that you have spoken with a member of the team yesterday? Is there anything further we are able to assist you with from here? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want to cancel, Virgin have moved me to a new contract without my permission

I did not speak to anyone yesterday. When I received the e-mail I tried to phone 150 but after 90 minutes of being on hold I gave up with that avenue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah sorry about that, I can see that it was a complaint raised. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that we are able to discuses this further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos