cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Virgin to contact me regarding new contract that expires today

RGeeeeeeeee
Joining in

How can i get hold of somebody to activate a contract that was emailed to me? customer services wont do this for me or accept the contract number

I have the Contract information sheet number but nobody is interested 

The contract expires tonight

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RGeeeeeeeee 👋, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

By new contract I understand this to mean you were trying to take out a new package deal in a fixed contracted term. 

We don't usually offer support with package changes via the community forum as these are best done in real time. However, I can appreciate you may need some support here and would like to help where possible. On this basis, can we get you to confirm a few details about your situation so we can best offer support?

1) When you first spoke to us to discuss this deal, how did you get in touch? Phone, text, or webchat?

2) Do you have a copy of the contract that was sent to you with details of your package offer you would be able to send to us as proof of your agreed deal?

3) You have advised the contract expires yesterday - were you advised it was a limited time only offer? Or were you taking it out via a 3rd party site of some kind?

4) Are you looking to raise a complaint as a result of your experience?

If you can please let us know about these extra details we can then do our best to help if possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

1) When you first spoke to us to discuss this deal, how did you get in touch? Phone, text, or webchat?

Virgin contacted me by phone, the 0800 number that gets through to sales then cuts you off saying somebody will ring back

2) Do you have a copy of the contract that was sent to you with details of your package offer you would be able to send to us as proof of your agreed deal?

Yes i do with a contract summary number etc. sent via email from VMteam@virginmedia.com

3) You have advised the contract expires yesterday - were you advised it was a limited time only offer? Or were you taking it out via a 3rd party site of some kind?

Yes and no, The virgin part has no expiry date but the O2 sim card contract does which is tonight.

I have tried web chat etc sending screen shot to the agents, but they keep saying they cannot match the price and offer the same deal for £20 more, which i dont understand as i already have a contract offer

4) Are you looking to raise a complaint as a result of your experience? 

I have raised a complaint via an agent 

Thanks for any help

Thank you for getting back to me! Sorry to hear you have been back in touch with us again and we were unable to match the deal. Some of our offers are time limited so it may be that the one originally offered is no longer available. However, if you have proof I will do my best to investigate and offer further support. I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few details and try to help! We will also get you to send a copy of the contract summary information to us to support with your enquiry and complaint. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All! 👋 Just returning to update the public thread. 
Huge thanks to RGeeeeeeeee for PMing with me and sending over all the information requested. We were able to raise and resolve a complaint based on their experience and everything with the contract has now been resolved! Thanks to them for their patience whilst we got things sorted. 

Please let us know if there is anything outstanding you need further support with. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly