cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Times

Greeneell
Tuning in

I handle my landline for my parents who are 98 and 96. I have had loads of grief. Most recently the amount on the bills had increased and quite contrary to the contract. I contacted them today via Twitter (I couldn’t get through on telephone) and was advised to use their WhatsApp number. I started this just after 8.30 am I got one guy who couldn’t help and said he would pass on to someone else. So now over 4 hours later nothing. Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It seems you take pot luck with the telephone system. Sometimes you get through quickly other times not.

As regards the bills, the fixed term contracts are usually discount based. In other words you have a fixed discount for a number of months (usually 18) after which it ends. There is a misconception that this means the price will not increase during the contract. This is not the case. If you are on a fixed discount it does what it says on the tin. You have a discount on the base price, which is variable. Take a look at the itemised page of the bill. In the section "Promotions & Discounts" if it says "you are receving a discount which ends on (date)" you have a fixed discount deal, not a fixed price.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It seems you take pot luck with the telephone system. Sometimes you get through quickly other times not.

As regards the bills, the fixed term contracts are usually discount based. In other words you have a fixed discount for a number of months (usually 18) after which it ends. There is a misconception that this means the price will not increase during the contract. This is not the case. If you are on a fixed discount it does what it says on the tin. You have a discount on the base price, which is variable. Take a look at the itemised page of the bill. In the section "Promotions & Discounts" if it says "you are receving a discount which ends on (date)" you have a fixed discount deal, not a fixed price.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Greeneell
Tuning in

Thanks after 6.5 hours I got it resolved to my satisfaction.👍