Menu
thomasj1231
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL

Why is it impossible to cancel a contract? Been on the phone for 2 hours, finally get through to someone, press all the put me through the cancellation team buttons, finally get put through, tell that person i want to cancel, they then say they need to put me through to someone else...I am then on hold for another 2 hours. Finally someone answers and immediately hangs up, surely this is the only way VM can keep their customers? With a trust pilot score of 1 out of 5 stars and A LOT of unhappy customers I can see why. 

I am calling up one last time, recording the call, telling the first person I speak to my account number and to cancel my contract, I will then cancel my direct debit and see them chase me and take them to court if I need to. VM are the most stressful company to deal with.

A new customer can get the same package I am on for £33 but they expect me to pay £41.50? For what, for being loyal to them and not moving? So they want to charge me for that? Forget it.

Now it is not letting me post this...

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

Yea VM, a little secret, that new post every 3.6 second is all your customers complaining and leaving!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL

you are not a new customer.
You can cancel by post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@thomasj1231 wrote:

Why is it impossible to cancel a contract? Been on the phone for 2 hours, finally get through to someone, press all the put me through the cancellation team buttons, finally get put through, tell that person i want to cancel, they then say they need to put me through to someone else...I am then on hold for another 2 hours. Finally someone answers and immediately hangs up, surely this is the only way VM can keep their customers? With a trust pilot score of 1 out of 5 stars and A LOT of unhappy customers I can see why. 

I am calling up one last time, recording the call, telling the first person I speak to my account number and to cancel my contract, I will then cancel my direct debit and see them chase me and take them to court if I need to. VM are the most stressful company to deal with.

A new customer can get the same package I am on for £33 but they expect me to pay £41.50? For what, for being loyal to them and not moving? So they want to charge me for that? Forget it.

Now it is not letting me post this...

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

Yea VM, a little secret, that new post every 3.6 second is all your customers complaining and leaving!

Maybe you should read your contract to find out how to cancel it!

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

0 Kudos
thomasj1231
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you can only contact them by phone or a letter? This is meant to be 2021, and VM is meant to be a digital company?! They don't use email or a simple cancel button on their website. The only reason they do this is to wear people down so they don't cancel, I have called 3 times now, been hung up on all 3 times, on hold for hours today. If you send a letter there is no proof they will acknowledge it, and without any information online you have no idea if and when the cancellation date will be. 

Awful service run by idiots

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

simple. So you know how easy/hard it would be to implement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos