cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt order cancelled VM giving cryptic reason(s)

iiMisterEvans
Joining in

Hoping for help on this or if anyone had a similar issue and how it got sorted.

placed an order for the volt bundle minus the sim as it wouldn’t get used. Offered package at £78 for 18 months. All placed without a hitch, received contract and notification the kit was on the way and signed up to the app and made an account etc. 

when I logged on on the Monday my package wasn’t visible and unable to track it so called VM and was met by some of the worst service I’ve ever received. Apparently VM cancelled my order, without notifying me I might add. The reason for this is where it gets muddy. One advisor told me there is a flag on my address from a previous debt, I was advised this would get removed within 24hrs and I’d would receive a call and the service would then go live. Happy days I thought… The kit had been delivered and I thought we were getting somewhere

called VM back after I didn’t receive the call back to be passed around all departments as no one has a clue what is going on. 1 advisor told me I failed the credit check to which I reminded them I had passed any and all checks on the order and that as I had the contract and the kit the order had gone through successfully especially as the credit check is for the kit, not the line and when I informed the advisor that if I had failed the credit check then surely VM would not send the kit that requires the credit in the first place. That’s like a car dealership letting you drive off with the car while awaiting a credit decision, it simple doesn’t happen - to which the advisor agreed. Also reminded that as per VM terms on credit should I have failed I could have been offered the option to pay a deposit. So passed to another department who confirmed this is not a credit issue but a flag on the address and that it would be removed within 24hrs. 

we are now a day passed the go live date, I have the kit, the contract and the direct debit all in place yet VM just don’t seem to want my money. 

can anyone advise the best course of here in? Unfortunately there is no other provider who can match VM speeds and 10mbps just isn’t enough for a full house of teenage YouTube nerds in 2023. 

many thanks and apologies for the essay 😊

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello iiMisterEvans.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with setting up a new account.

Did our Sales Team advised anything about Providing Proof of residence if the debt is linked to this address.

It's a tricky one to answer here As we have no account access on here or any access to sales accounts. 

Can you please keep us updated on how you get on?

Gareth_L

Hi,

nobody has asked for anything like that. I wasn’t given the option to speak with sales again after the order was placed, it was left with the advisor telling me they have resided a ticket with whoever deals with the address issue. 
I did raise a complaint online but got fobbed off with a text asking me to call customer service which I did and my complaint has just been over looked. 

I wouldn’t mind but I’m not asking to cancel - I’m not being unreasonable, I just want the services I signed up for..

Thanks for replying iiMisterEvans.

Have you checked the email that you used to sign up with, Just in case we have sent you any information to get this whole issue investigated?

Gareth_L

Hi,

yes…. Religiously.

im awaiting a call back that was promised so if not heard back by this time tomorrow I’ll call back. 

thanks

Hi @iiMisterEvans,

Thank you for confirming. Have you ever had services with us in the past at a previous address? If so, do you know if perhaps we had any outstanding balance with us at a previous address?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I’ve had virgin before but I had no outstanding balance left when I left as I paid the small fee and this was 10+ years ago.

thanks

Hi iiMisterEvans, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're still no further forward with this. I'm afraid we do only have limited information and it's not something we can change. 

This is something I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs