cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - Gig1 Package Availability?

Ezzy
Dialled in

Is there any update on when the Gig1 Packages will be available to order for existing customers?

I called to change my package but the guy said there was an issue with the system and they couldn't do any new orders for Gig1 for current customers...

VM Customer Since 2010
14 REPLIES 14

4 hours later and been offered the same package I'm already on for £8.50 less. Oh but I get Netflix (no 4K of course) for free!

Absolute joke of a company. I've had enough, I'm cancelling.

VM Customer Since 2010

For those of you wondering what you can get when speaking to the retentions team via WhatsApp.

Existing Customer - £110 per Month After 4.5 hours of back and forth and the agent using her "personal code". Note this price was set to be renewed at £156 per month without notice.

600mb BB, MaxIt TV with SS and BT, Old V6 boxes, Phone Line and Calls, SIM Card.

Super Duper New Customer! - £85 

1.1GBit BB with SuperHub4, Every TV Channel including SS, BTSport UHD and Sky Cinema UHD with new TV360 Boxes. Phone line and unlimited calls, same with SIM card and Netflix subscription.

Oh and a little quote from Cherielyn the customer service advisor. 

"...might a bit expensive than other company, but we provide the best services here at Virgin Media and our customers get what they are paying for."

Show of hands who has ever consistently got the broadband speed they were promised? 🤣

My 600mbit package is rarely over 300.

VM Customer Since 2010

A few of us on here have been in the same situation lately.

I would advise trying to get through to a UK Customer Service Agent on the phone. It is pot luck if you get UK or overseas but UK seem much more helpful and agreeable. I was on ultimate oomph and got ultimate volt 1gig for the same price, although I am still on 600 speeds as there are no hub 4s fro the 1gig but I checked yesterday, again got through to a UK agent who said there IS a note on my account regarding getting a hub 4 as soon as one becomes available and thus getting upgraded to the 1gig that I originally ordered at no extra cost. This was after I tried several times and got through to overseas who said there is no note on my account.

I think you can update your V6 boxes to TV 360 ones by ordering new remote controls @ £25 and applying a software update to each box (I did this last year).

And if your speeds aren’t correct, try unplugging cables and resetting your hub. I was getting 88mbps to my PS5 through Ethernet the other day and reset the hub and unplugged the Ethernet from hub and ps5 and now getting 633mbps.

Yeah I'll give them a call, the advisor I spoke to on Monday was UK Based and said he'd seen existing customers getting the Ultimate Volt Bundle for the promotional price, but couldn't physically do it there and then because of the system issues.

But the WhatsApp advisor has really **bleep** me off. Basic attitude was, new customers get the perks, you're not new so you pay more. If you don't like it you're free to go elsewhere.

As for the speeds, I can't say it bothers me most of the time because I stream more than anything nowadays so speed isn't a big issue (no downloading large files really anymore). But I'll reset the SH3 anyway, but again that's something we shouldn't HAVE to do. Why don't the products just work out of the box. And then there's the constant issues with V6 boxes, they're slow, clunky and catch-up services are hit or miss as to whether they'll be out.

I'm just fed up with the overall experience tbh and very disillusioned with the customer service. The guys on here are great and the guy I spoke with on Monday was so helpful, but VM as a company doesn't just seem geared towards existing customers at all.

VM Customer Since 2010

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ezzy, 

Thank you for getting back in touch and updating the thread. 

I am very sorry to hear you feel this way following the chat, this is not what we would want to happen. 

When joining Virgin Media, we do have introductory offers available to new customers and all of our customers will have benefitted from this at the start of their contract. When this comes to an end, we will do all we can to offer the best possible deal. 

I apologise if the offer provided is not what you were expecting and I do hope we can make amends in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat