cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin won’t deal with written requests to cancel or change services apparently.

Jemmy55
Joining in

My current contract ends in September and I tried phoning to cancel 2 of my services and upgrade 2 others. After 45 minutes I got fed up with listening to the on hold music, so I tweeted Virgin Media about it. I briefly explained what I wanted to do and said I’ll write to their head office. Apparently that isn’t acceptable, I HAVE to do it by phone, or WhatsApp messenger. Doesn’t anyone who works for Virgin Media know how to read a letter?

I intended to type and post my request but they won’t act upon it apparently, even though they have more than 6 weeks to do so. It looks like I will need to cancel my direct debit and go elsewhere. There’s no point trying to phone them and they can’t possibly be expected to deal with anything that isn’t done by phone. Apparently it’s all about confirming stuff, which could be done by email, except I can’t email them either. Someone at Virgin should get that stick out of their arse and consider whether they want paying customers or not.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jemmy55 wrote:

I intended to type and post my request but they won’t act upon it apparently

A written letter is absolutely a valid form of giving cancellation notice, cancelling your direct debit absolutely is not.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Follow the link above for the correct postal address and do use recorded delivery. 

Please let Ofcom know all about your experience too https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NEVER cancel the Direct Debit to terminate your contract. All this will do is put a bad marker on your files with the credit reference agencies. This is very time consuming and lengthy process to get VM to remove.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Jemmy55
Joining in

I recently tried phoning to cancel my TV and landline but upgrade my broadband and mobile. I gave up when nobody answered the phone and tried online chat, that didn’t work either. I’ve written to them but they haven’t replied to my letter either How d Virgin Media deal with customers nowadays? Should I try morse code or carrier pigeon?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jemmy55 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority. 

Which address did you write to?  The contact address is  Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. If writing include your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jemmy55,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with cancelling, as stated above the advised contact methods would be best to action this request.

Regards,

Kain