cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin service cut off

Gaffer2000
Joining in

Due to some kind of fault I did not have any virgin service for 24 hours in my area. My bill for the month was the full charge, I believe I should get a discount. As virgin make it ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to actually talk to a representative through their automated services I am asking here and would like a virgin staff member to get back to me. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gaffer2000 

You might be able to receive a goodwill gesture as a means of refund for the 24 hours loss of service if you speak to Billing, however you wouldn't be due automatic compensation for being without a broadband service for 24 hours.

Info below from

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

Your broadband or fixed phone line aren’t working at all?

Check to see if there’s an outage in your area on our handy service checker. You can report the issue to us by registering it online or alternatively, calling us. If we haven’t fixed the fault within 48 hours from the end of that day, you will be entitled to £8.40 credit per day until it’s sorted.

Once you’ve reported the issue to us and service has been fully restored, any credit owed will be automatically calculated and applied to your bill – so there’s no need to call us to credit you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gaffer2000, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been without service for 24 hours, we would follow the automatic compensation scheme. 

How is the service at the moment? 

Kind regards, Chris.