cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin refusing to pay me back money owed to me

raffums
Tuning in

Virgin are essentially refusing to pay me back over £200 owed to me, which they admit is owed but are not calling me - as they said they would - to discuss refunding it to me.  Obviously given the fact they have incorrectly taken over £200 in fees I want to leave, but they are almost holding me ransom with the fact that they have my money and are making me use the money against upcoming bills - bills i no longer want as I want to leave.

Has anyone else had similar? 

I'm getting very distressed over this. It's an awful vicious time-consuming loop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you still have five months left on your contract's minimum term, then if you were to leave now, then you would be subject to early disconnection fees, which roughly would be how much you would pay them for the next five months up to a maximum of £288 (incl.VAT).

Unless, of course there are extenuating circumstances; so what exactly is the issue would have with VM, admittedly their customer service won't be winning any awards but that in itself doesn't constitute a reason to break the contract. Basically, what are you paying to receive, and what are you getting - what exactly is the issue you have with the VM service?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

raffums
Tuning in

I'm trying to leave due to the appalling customer service I've received - passed from pillar to post. They say they will call me back and then no one does. I get "passed" from 1 person to another and then get cut off. I get a call back that is just rustling. I try calling back and am hold for almost an hour. Clearly there is some scam going on to prevent me from talking to someone. 

I had expected better from a company as large as Virgin Media, but clearly I was wrong.

Has anyone else experienced similar, and what can I do? I want to leave but I feel like I am being ignored until my contract just runs out in 5 months' time. 

If you still have five months left on your contract's minimum term, then if you were to leave now, then you would be subject to early disconnection fees, which roughly would be how much you would pay them for the next five months up to a maximum of £288 (incl.VAT).

Unless, of course there are extenuating circumstances; so what exactly is the issue would have with VM, admittedly their customer service won't be winning any awards but that in itself doesn't constitute a reason to break the contract. Basically, what are you paying to receive, and what are you getting - what exactly is the issue you have with the VM service?

Thanks so much for your helpful and fast reply.

Virgin took over £200 from me in incorrect billing, which I think is good enough reason to leave.

But in addition, the TV often crackles so I can't watch it. Great recent example - Monday at 11am, trying to watch the Queen's funeral, whole TV needs a reboot. Only TV in the house. This is just one of many examples.  We don't want much live TV but when we do it's for important things, like this or sport etc. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's the first time you've posted on here, and VM staff often respond to posts, so if you can explain some specifics you may well be able to get assistance here.

@raffums wrote:

Virgin took over £200 from me in incorrect billing, which I think is good enough reason to leave.

It's good enough reason to complain, but can you elaborate on the specific details? Nothing identifiable, but enough to give the staff a head-start on potentially rectifying the issue. They'll use the forum's PM system to exchange any personal details.

@raffums wrote:

But in addition, the TV often crackles so I can't watch it.

Sounds like you're describing picture pixellation and/or breakup? If so, that's a potential signal fault. Or if I'm assuming wrongly, it could be an HDMI issue. Again - provide some more info and you can likely get some help on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

100rob
On our wavelength
...and when VM staff do reply on the forums they are usually very helpful. I have had problems and frustrations with Virgin, but I think that everyone I have dealt with have done their best to try to sort things out.- it is just that there seems to be some sort of disconnect between one department and another (slightly ironic really - communication is their business!) It is, of course, not doing their reputation any good...